Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Martin is unwilling to finish his work and neither are D&D. They wanna write their story on how it ends. Not on how they think Martin might have ended his. The results might be vastly different, but if they were true fans of the book then it might look like something Martin might do. Instead of this Good guys win and without real loss.

Funny how ppl didn’t have this philosophy for George Lucas and the prequels.  LoL how many posters on here wanted SW taken away from him?

25 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

For those hoping/wanting a plot twist involving Bran/NK.

Well I think that's that then.

That's the end of the undead horde. Very anti climatic. No great mystery to be solved, no plan by the NK, no Great Other, not even a ****ing prophecy, just another generic mindless Zombie horde.

Why bother having them in the series then? Why bother having Jon at all? Pointless character, pointless villain, and we were all fooled into thinking they were two of the most important characters. You could have done without the NK and it still would have had the same impact. Story would have gone on without Jon as well.

How you ask? Well Jon has never until season 7 had anything to do with the rest of the characters in the story outside of Episode 2. His entire arc is comprised of the NK. If he never goes down to meet Dany then no dragon for the NK and no way they can cross the wall. It would be like building a wall in Minecraft from the bombers and zombies. They will wonder around and never do anything. Thorne would get elected Night Commander and while it's cruel that he leaves the Wildlings on the other side of the wall. His decision saves the rest of the 7 Kingdoms. Even if the Wildlings take the wall, Stannis still comes, and wipes them out. Boom! 7 Kingdoms are safe.

No need for Jon, no need for NK.

The only big baddy that would be really left to deal with would be Ramsey.

Edited by Calvert28

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Funny how ppl didn’t have this philosophy for George Lucas and the prequels.  LoL how many posters on here wanted SW taken away from him?

People wanted Lucas to stop pandering to intice little kids to watch it and to stop directing cause he really just wasn't a good director.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Wtf

Yep. All those explinations that you want. Just toss those out the window. D&D don't care.

Our main villain for the series is someone who we could just wait out until the Iron Bank sends someone to assassinate her. Or Arya.

So series is over, good guys win. Probably 95% of them are happy endings I'm guessing and it's just another Hollywood generic ending.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

People wanted Lucas to stop pandering to intice little kids to watch it and to stop directing cause he really just wasn't a good director.

Nah he’s a solid director.  He’s just not a good screenwriter (hence all the wooden dialogue).  Wish he had brought Kasdan back the way Abrams’ did.  

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

So series is over, good guys win. Probably 95% of them are happy endings I'm guessing and it's just another Hollywood generic ending.

3 episodes left.  There are some gut wrenching moments coming guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

3 episodes left.  There are some gut wrenching moments coming guaranteed. 

What's the point though? This episode was fortelling about the last 3 episodes. Maybe Jon or Dany dies. Jon is welcome too sense there was no point to him to begin with really when he was the one who basically brought the WW's past the wall because Dany just had to come and save him.

A dragon or both dies. Maybe Ghost. But I don't see any reason why this series wont end on a "lived happily ever after." note.

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Nah he’s a solid director.  He’s just not a good screenwriter (hence all the wooden dialogue).  Wish he had brought Kasdan back the way Abrams’ did.  

Meh. He has a creative mind, or had one. Still remember Willow and how much I loved that movie when I was little. But really he should have hired people to direct.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Meh. He has a creative mind, or had one. Still remember Willow and how much I loved that movie when I was little. But really he should have hired people to direct.

I feel you on that.  I think going so CGI heavy and neglecting traditional set design really hurt him too. Abrams found the perfect blend of the two.  But it’s his baby.  Nobody can truly blame him for holding onto control. 

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

I feel you on that.  I think going so CGI heavy and neglecting traditional set design really hurt him too. Abrams found the perfect blend of the two.  But it’s his baby.  Nobody can truly blame him for holding onto control. 

Well they should have asked Lucas to come up with the new story. For the entire trilogy. Good or bad. At least it would have been consistent with one figurehead who knows how they want it. I know Lucas is famous for rewrites, but the prequels were consistent.

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well they should have asked Lucas to come up with the new story. For the entire trilogy. Good or bad. At least it would have been consistent with one figurehead who knows how they want it. I know Lucas is famous for rewrites, but the prequels were consistent.

See this is the nonsense I’m talking about. It was his property birthed from his own mind. It’s okay to want others to help but nobody had a right to tell him what to do or how to do it.  Esp not endless fans who’ve never created anything themselves and put it out for the world to enjoy (and summarily judge). 

Edited by thrILL!

13 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

What's the point though? This episode was fortelling about the last 3 episodes. Maybe Jon or Dany dies. Jon is welcome too sense there was no point to him to begin with really when he was the one who basically brought the WW's past the wall because Dany just had to come and save him.

A dragon or both dies. Maybe Ghost. But I don't see any reason why this series wont end on a "lived happily ever after." note.

I fully expected the Battle of Winterfell to take 2 episodes.  The fact that it only took one leaves so much opportunity for the final 3 that I’m fully engaged and curious to see what they do.  Don’t throw the baby out when the bath water is still filling the tub.