Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Whoever wants Arya to marry Gendry or thinks she should understands absolutely nothing about her as a character.

It'd be very disappointing if they just resurrected another dragon. Do we want to recycle any other major plot points while we're at it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Whoever wants Arya to marry Gendry or thinks she should understands absolutely nothing about her as a character.

It'd be very disappointing if they just resurrected another dragon. Do we want to recycle any other major plot points while we're at it?

Yeah, I don't think that's where they're going.  They had to kill a dragon so they could make it more conceivable that Cersei is actually a threat.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I understand her character perfectly fine, thanks. I'm very aware she has no interest in being a classical lady whose only purpose is churning out heirs. I'm also very aware that her entire purpose right now is to eliminate those on her list, and that's been her entire purpose from the get-go. Once that purpose is fulfilled, your theories hold as much water as anyone else's.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I don't think that's where they're going.  They had to kill a dragon so they could make it more conceivable that Cersei is actually a threat.

Makes you wonder how Aegon conquered the 7 Kingdoms with 3 dragons, or why Dragons are even feared in the first place if they're so damn easy to kill.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Makes you wonder how Aegon conquered the 7 Kingdoms with 3 dragons, or why Dragons are even feared in the first place if they're so damn easy to kill.

They’re not. First dragon, sure, NK has super human type strength and that spear probably was somewhat magical. But the second dragon dying from 100s and 100s of yards out from arrows? That would never happen. So many things for shock value this season. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I understand her character perfectly fine, thanks. I'm very aware she has no interest in being a classical lady whose only purpose is churning out heirs. I'm also very aware that her entire purpose right now is to eliminate those on her list, and that's been her entire purpose from the get-go. Once that purpose is fulfilled, your theories hold as much water as anyone else's.

As stated by another poster, she said she never wanted to be a lady even before her list existed. She's never wanted it. It goes completely against her character to have her do that in the end.

Just now, BayRaider said:

They’re not. First dragon, sure, NK has super human type strength and that spear probably was somewhat magical. But the second dragon dying from 100s and 100s of yards out from arrows? That would never happen. So many things for shock value this season. 

You know those weren't arrows, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

My bigger problem (other than those seemingly being way more accurate and powerful than when they hit Drogon) is how they didn't see the fleet waaaay before the fleet saw them, much less way before the fleet was in range with those scorpions.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You know those weren't arrows, right?

1. I still have a hard time believing those could kill a dragon. 

2. They were way way too far out. 

3. According to the directors, they forgot about Eurons fleet. Every single person forgot?

The whole scene was for shock value. 

As stated by another poster, she said she never wanted to be a lady even before her list existed. She's never wanted it. It goes completely against her character to have her do that in the end.

You can be married without being a lady. If this show has done anything consistent from day one, it's indicate that classical norms mean squat with this lot of folks.

Hell, she could return to Storm's End and train a friggin' army of assassins there while being married to Gendry still.

3. According to the directors, they forgot about Eurons fleet. Every single person forgot?

Don't know what 2 and 3 have to do with what I said.

I agree with 3 though. Horrible.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

My bigger problem (other than those seemingly being way more accurate and powerful than when they hit Drogon) is how they didn't see the fleet waaaay before the fleet saw them, much less way before the fleet was in range with those scorpions.

This.  Very much so this.  

I'm not really against the idea of those things killing the Dragons, because the entire show is built on the premise that Dragons are really overpowered, and she has THREE of them. Well, a couple months later she now has 1.

Also, Varys would've known about the fleet because HE LITERALLY FREAKING TOLD EVERYONE that Cersei's army is no reinforced by the Golden Company, who arrived via Euron's fleet. It's 100% poor writing that they "forgot" about Euron's fleet, considering it's now wiped out the Unsullied or surprised them THREE times.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They’re not “so damn easy to kill”. The Night King has magic powers and Qyburn literally had to invent an entirely new weapon to take down a dragon.