Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Cersei's not even in the top 4 to win the throne? Damn, that's cold. Honestly at this point I don't see how she's not the favorite. She has the bigger army, she's got momentum, her opponents are weak and really mad.

The x-factor here is Varys using information to turn the people against her (and the Golden Company).

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Her entire plan revolved around militarily taking over Astapor. That's a battle plan.

No, her plan was to play the weak little girl, allow the masters to put chains on her dragons, and then burn the masters.  She then took advantage of the power vacuum, freed all the slaves, including the unsullied, and your argument is that was a masterful battle plan.  She had no way of knowing what the unsullied would do, she had no army at that point.  There was no military plan.  There was no strategy.  She got LUCKY

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Most of her character storyline though is doing things out of pure emotion, OR wanting to do things out of pure emotion and then Jorah or Tyrion talking her out of it or finding a compromise. However, as time has gone on she's heeded the advice of her counsel less and less and acted more on impulse.

Yea but with Astapor which she decided based on emotion she still made a plan of her own to take over the city. Her destroying the invasion at Mereen with her and Tyrion was her at the top of her game. It wasn't until that she got to the North that she just up and made brash decisions. Again she was willing to wait and heed the council of Tyrion and Jon until Sansa spoke up. She was listening, but she was easily goaded into rushing the moment.

I know I get that they are setting up a possible mad queen scenario. I'm just saying Dany has dealt with these kind of situations many times before and there has been no process of her mind deteriorating with reasoning behind it. 

Not even a "do you think the inbreeding is kicking in?"

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Cersei's not even in the top 4 to win the throne? Damn, that's cold. Honestly at this point I don't see how she's not the favorite. She has the bigger army, she's got momentum, her opponents are weak and really mad.

The x-factor here is Varys using information to turn the people against her (and the Golden Company).

She doesnt have the bigger army, Danys is still bigger, but she has the advantage of being in the walls and right now at least the dragon cant get close.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

While Game of Thrones won’t have a happy ending, I can’t see them having the biggest villain on the show stay on the throne. 

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

She doesnt have the bigger army, Danys is still bigger, but she has the advantage of being in the walls and right now at least the dragon cant get close.

Right now? Are we sure about that?

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

While Game of Thrones won’t have a happy ending, I can’t see them having the biggest villain on the show stay on the throne. 

I guess that's true.

No, her plan was to play the weak little girl, allow the masters to put chains on her dragons, and then burn the masters.  She then took advantage of the power vacuum, freed all the slaves, including the unsullied, and your argument is that was a masterful battle plan.  She had no way of knowing what the unsullied would do, she had no army at that point.  There was no military plan.  There was no strategy.  She got LUCKY

Lmao you are grasping at straws. Alot of battle plans are based on accurately predicting what the enemy will do. Assuming, taking advantage of opportunity, and luck more often then not is apart of that.

You wouldn't believe how many great battle plans have been dependent on a commander accurately predicting the weather in a defensive or offensive maneuver. Them predicting did not mean they knew the weather was going to do that. But they used the knowledge they had at their disposal to choose when to do battle.

Dany assumed that as soon that the Unsullied would obey her and she went into question after question with the Master's to get this info. From all that they said, all it boiled down to was w/e held that damn Whip Thingy, they would obey without question. The part in bold is key to her.

"Is that it? The Unsullied are mine now?" she asks for confirmation before putting her battle plans into action. The moment she has it, she turns on all of them.

That is a battle plan.

19 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I literally gave you that example you just spewed back what I had already written, cut it from the quote and then tried to say you gave me an example.  Cmon man.

Yea and you tried to make the argument battle plans revolve entirely around facts which just isn't true.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lmao you are grasping at straws. Alot of battle plans are based on accurately predicting what the enemy will do. Assuming, taking advantage of opportunity, and luck more often then not is apart of that.

You wouldn't believe how many great battle plans have been dependent on a commander accurately predicting the weather in a defensive or offensive maneuver. Them predicting did not mean they knew the weather was going to do that. But they used the knowledge they had at their disposal to choose when to do battle.

Dany assumed that as soon that the Unsullied would obey her and she went into question after question with the Master's to get this info. From all that they said, all it boiled down to was w/e held that damn Whip Thingy, they would obey without question. The part in bold is key to her.

"Is that it? The Unsullied are mine now?" she asks for confirmation before putting her battle plans into action. The moment she has it, she turns on all of them.

That is a battle plan.

Lol no, they specifically point to the shock she has when all the people decide to continue to follow her, and matter of factly, it becomes harder for her bc she has a lot more mouths to feed than she anticipated and that becomes an issue.  Making a plan that accounts for weather is not the same as a plan that RELIES on individuals exercising their own freedom to follow you.

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Christ, the writers are REALLY trolling us now. 

Image result for fed up gif

^ almost every scene now, for me. 

GOT - S1-5; awesome. 

Yeah the show took a downturn once they ran out of George RR Martins material. The directors are fantastic directors but absolutely terrible writers. To be fair, it’s more of George RR Martins fault for taking so long with the books. 

Still a solid show though. Just no where close to the first five seasons. 

• Like 2

Lol no, they specifically point to the shock she has when all the people decide to continue to follow her, and matter of factly, it becomes harder for her bc she has a lot more mouths to feed than she anticipated and that becomes an issue.  Making a plan that accounts for weather is not the same as a plan that RELIES on individuals exercising their own freedom to follow you.

Now your grasping at more? I mean have you ever played the Risk? Do you know why it's called that in a game that deals with war? There are millions of things unaccounted for.

It was her first time doing this. And on such a grand scale at that point, the show was still based on the books and it detailed she was incredibly anxious yet still did this. Theres alot of thing's she didn't take into account, such as how the other slaver cities would react. It was still a battle plan. Washington was supposedly shocked his plan worked at the Battle of Saratoga.  Shocked does not mean the battle plan was downgraded from a battle plan to being lucky.

Dany really isn't a mad queen in the way her father was a mad king. She's losing her composure, but at this stage I'd say it's justified. She's made poor decisions but most often in order to help others. She's lost so much as a result of that. She has a right to be pissed. 

• Like 2