Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There are is a dragons. Everyone remembers the lesson from Harrenhal. 

Yeah but I mean at Winterfell you had a 2 v 1 dragon lead. Despite Dany's utter incompetence and sheer determination to get all 3 of them killed, she still outnumbered Viscerion and could've protected the castle.

At King's Landing, they have like 50 ballistas now protecting them. Just stay the F inside!

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah but I mean at Winterfell you had a 2 v 1 dragon lead. Despite Dany's utter incompetence and sheer determination to get all 3 of them killed, she still outnumbered Viscerion and could've protected the castle.

At King's Landing, they have like 50 ballistas now protecting them. Just stay the F inside!

Yup. I'm intrigued to see how they get through those Ballistas.

You don't have to agree with it, but the show went to some lengths early on to say how dragons changed combat. That's probably why the writers have changed the style.

Doesn't Tywin even say something like "Aegon and his dragons changed the game" to Arya in Season 2?

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You don't have to agree with it, but the show went to some lengths early on to say how dragons changed combat. That's probably why the writers have changed the style.

Doesn't Tywin even say something like "Aegon and his dragons changed the game" to Arya in Season 2?

Yeah I mean it's pretty clear that they REALLY overhyped the dragons (or just completely changed their threat level in S7/S8 because reasons), but you can't have it both ways.

If dragons can be killed super easily from like 500 yards away from ships, they can obviously be killed just as easily from stationary targets protecting a castle. The show has now established that dragons really aren't a threat to King's Landing with how easily they just blew away my boy Rhaegal.

Yeah I mean it's pretty clear that they REALLY overhyped the dragons (or just completely changed their threat level in S7/S8 because reasons), but you can't have it both ways.

If dragons can be killed super easily from like 500 yards away from ships, they can obviously be killed just as easily from stationary targets protecting a castle. The show has now established that dragons really aren't a threat to King's Landing with how easily they just blew away my boy Rhaegal.

By "they", do you mean the showrunners? The dragons were legendary, so it's perfectly reasonable that Tywin Lannister could think they are an unstoppable force because of 300 years of wives tales against a completely unprepared seven kingdoms, when in reality they can be countered in modern GoT times.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

By "they", do you mean the showrunners? The dragons were legendary, so it's perfectly reasonable that Tywin Lannister could think they are an unstoppable force because of 300 years of wives tales against a completely unprepared seven kingdoms, when in reality they can be countered in modern GoT times.

Yeah, the showrunners and writers. Aegon conquered the 7 kingdoms with 3 dragons, and apparently nobody during that entire period of time was smart enough to build a superpowered crossbow.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, the showrunners and writers. Aegon conquered the 7 kingdoms with 3 dragons, and apparently nobody during that entire period of time was smart enough to build a superpowered crossbow.

It was a bout 1000 years before the time. Maybe they didn't even have regular crossbows at that time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They were.  One of the 3 dragons he came with was killed in Dorne via a ballista bolt to the eye.  They had them, but it turns out, aiming at a moving target from hundreds of yards away with a not very accurate supersized crossbow (sort of--different propulsion mechanisms) is really, really, really difficult, so that was a one-in-a-million shot.

Just now, Daniel said:

They were.  One of the 3 dragons he came with was killed in Dorne via a ballista bolt to the eye.  They had them, but it turns out, aiming at a moving target from hundreds of yards away with a not very accurate supersized crossbow (sort of--different propulsion mechanisms) is really, really, really difficult, so that was a one-in-a-million shot.

Unless you're Euron "Super Sniper" Greyjoy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Unless you're Euron "Super Sniper" Greyjoy

Right.  Euron also comes with the ability to shoot around rocks that hide his entire fleet and are directly between the ballista and the target, Wanted style too.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1