Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Checking out episode 4 again to look at that water. I picked up on something else.

Podrick has been learning to fight for years now from the Aaron Rodgers of swordfighting. And he sucks so bad. See Glennon tonight play? Hes that level of terrible. Sam would stomp him in a sword fight. He was already training when Arya and Hound ran into them. Arya spends months getting to Penthos, becomes a master assassin spends months returning to Winterfel. While Podrick trains 2 hours every day with Aaron Rodgers and couldnt beat a scarecrow.

She's more like the Matt Stafford of sword fighting.

25 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Jorah shouldn't be too upset, considering he left it behind before he fled Westoros.

Makes sense it should go to his father's steward/successor/life-saver

Also, Jorah was cast out from his family for whatever reasons and that's why he has no right to be the Lord of Bear Island.

35 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

He was caught selling slaves and chose to flee rather than face justice.

Yeah, I don't remember it being discussed in the show. So yeah. He's definitely not one who can claim the sword. His justice would have been joining his uncle on the wall.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Samesies. He's become one of my favorite characters, if not my favorite.

I don't think the show has done him justice at all but with knowledge from the books, he's definitely my favorite character in both mediums. Not to say all of the things the show changed are bad, I love the Jaime/Bronn pairing.

Definitely buying the now popular theory that he'll be the one to kill Cersei. RIP Cleganebowl. 

15 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:
20 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Samesies. He's become one of my favorite characters, if not my favorite.

I don't think the show has done him justice at all but with knowledge from the books, he's definitely my favorite character in both mediums. Not to say all of the things the show changed are bad, I love the Jaime/Bronn pairing.

Definitely buying the now popular theory that he'll be the one to kill Cersei. RIP Cleganebowl. 

Yeah I mean the Jaime vs Cersei dynamic in the books makes him way better. But the show still has done a pretty decent job with his arc.

53 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Yeah, I don't remember it being discussed in the show. So yeah. He's definitely not one who can claim the sword. His justice would have been joining his uncle on the wall.

Sometimes I wonder if he was ever caught slave trading at all. Or if it wasnt just a story so he could spy.

Remember season 1. When Robert and the counsel were sitting around, Varys mentioned Jorah was close with the Targs to Ned and Ned was upset. While everyone else at the counsel were sitting there like "thats our boy". With full faith in him.  When Dany got pregnant, he had to rush a hundred miles to Qohor that moment he found out to send a message. Just upped and took off that minute. Then when he stopped spying and was loyal to Dany,  Tywin sent word that snitched him out.

Some other points too. Just leaves me wondering if he didnt accept this spy role from Robert.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Sometimes I wonder if he was ever caught slave trading at all. Or if it wasnt just a story so he could spy.

Remember season 1. When Robert and the counsel were sitting around, Varys mentioned Jorah was close with the Targs to Ned and Ned was upset. While everyone else at the counsel were sitting there like "thats our boy". With full faith in him.  When Dany got pregnant, he had to rush a hundred miles to Qohor that moment he found out to send a message. Just upped and took off that minute. Then when he stopped spying and was loyal to Dany,  Tywin sent word that snitched him out.

Some other points too. Just leaves me wondering if he didnt accept this spy role from Robert.

I remember that someone online had a theory that he was "set up" to get caught slaving and forced to be a spy since it didn't make much sense that a slaver ship would be up near Bear Island, but I don't know how likely that is. I feel like Ned mentions the slaving at some point...maybe I'm wrong. Ned would have been the one to deliver the justice, and I don't think that he would have been willing to be part of some sort of back story conspiracy with regard to Jorah really not being a slaver. 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Maybe I'm missing your point, but I don't think you were following things correctly or are mis-remembering details. Jorah was definitely spying for Robert, but it was to get a pardon essentially. Ned was upset because they were plotting to kill a little girl, not because he didn't trust Jorah or anything to that extent. The other stuff you mentioned doesn't really lend itself to him being set-up.

• Like 1

One thing that's never sat right with me was how Robert Baratheon was the king on the Iron throne when he had no intention of actually ruling. Ned Stark should have been the king ruling from the north with the warden of the South ruling from King's landing.

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

One thing that's never sat right with me was how Robert Baratheon was the king on the Iron throne when he had no intention of actually ruling. Ned Stark should have been the king ruling from the north with the warden of the South ruling from King's landing.

Was just talking about this with a friend. Robert would agree with you (he said so in the show), but Robert had a better claim because of lineage connecting him to the Targeryens.

5 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Was just talking about this with a friend. Robert would agree with you (he said so in the show), but Robert had a better claim because of lineage connecting him to the Targeryens.

Pretty much. It's a weird line of thought that the transition of a coup would be made easier with familial ties between the new ruler and old regime, but I'm guessing that's just a way of allowing people to be like, "oh yeah, he has a right to the throne, he has Targ blood in him".  I don't think that Ned would have had any interest in being king unless he absolutely had to. The interesting one would have been Jon Arryn. He was obviously older at the time already, but he was well respected, seems most people thought he was a capable ruler, and he came from a great noble house. And he ended up essentially ruling and staying in KL anyway after the rebellion.