Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

What's the end game for him? 

He can just as easily decide to save his men, let them live their lives away from all this and honor Dany as it is that he would make some principled stand for revenge and get everyone killed. 

What's loyalty in this situation? It doesn't bring her back. I just think shoehorning him into a specific required reaction is not ideal

What evidence is there that Grey Worm thinks like 10 steps ahead like this though? Everything he's done in life so far has been about honor and military...not self preservation or politics.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But the people were definitely more loyal to Jon than anyone else and he was the true heir to the throne. But I guess Tyrian the war prisoner and Grey Worm with 1,000 soldiers in a foreign land are the two most important opinions when deciding the new political set-up of Westeros, makes perfect sense.

He hasn't told anyone to do anything? Except tell Sam it was time to reveal Jon's true parentage which ultimately led to Dany slaughtering millions of innocent people and gave him a clear path to the throne. 

No. They. Wouldn’t. We just went over this. Yara and Dorne were pledged to Dany. The people remaining at Kings Landing are basically  irrelevant directly following Danys attack. What “people” are you referring to that are more loyal to Jon?

Fair point on Sam. Congrats on getting your first one. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

What's the end game for him? 

He can just as easily decide to save his men, let them live their lives away from all this and honor Dany as it is that he would make some principled stand for revenge and get everyone killed. 

What's loyalty in this situation? It doesn't bring her back. I just think shoehorning him into a specific required reaction is not ideal

Not ideal writing? Maybe. But there was no reason to think he wouldn't have snapped like he did in the destruction of KL after his only two reasons for living had just been robbed from him by the people of Westeros.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

I'm indifferent on him becoming king, but you're just reaching at this point. Don't worry, you're not alone. 

Agreed, and though agreed, PLEASE keep doing this guys. It's going to be a long and boring couple of months. Proceed with the criticisms of the show, and up the voltage of it! 

saying-yes-nodding-smiley-emoticon.gif

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Agreed, and though agreed, PLEASE keep doing this guys. It's going to be a long and boring couple of months. Proceed with the criticisms of the show, and up the voltage of it! 

saying-yes-nodding-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nobody's going to care about this show in 2 months with how bad this ending was.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Not ideal writing? Maybe. But there was no reason to think he wouldn't have snapped like he did in the destruction of KL after his only two reasons for living had just been robbed from him by the people of Westeros.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have been upset had they gone that way. I could see that happening.

Personally? They should have done trial by combat between grey worm and Jon lol.  Grey worm gets a chance for revenge, Jon freedom. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would have lol

He was already going to his death defiantly for freeing his brother. It just strikes me as odd that he wouldn't have included that tidbit too. I mean of course I'm sure he didn't want to die, but then again he showed he had no problem with dying either.

Just now, Forge said:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have been upset had they gone that way. I could see that happening.

Personally? They should have done trial by combat between grey worm and Jon lol.  Grey worm gets a chance for revenge, Jon freedom. 

That would have been far more GOT like then this crap.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Because the Ironborn, Dornish, Unsullied, and Dothraki would start a war that does not exist with him being exiled to the NW. 

The same NW that's been kept around for the **** of it?

No more rulers will be elected but they still need a place for Bastards? Like really?

Because the Ironborn, Dornish, Unsullied, and Dothraki would start a war that does not exist with him being exiled to the NW. 

Yeah I addressed this. I thought he was talking about pre-killing Dany, not post-killing Dany.

But also seems like a good time to bring up that the Unsullied and Dothraki are supposed to be nonexistent at this point, not formidable forces. But...you know....

The Ironborn's army was depleted because they followed Euron, not Yara, and got wrecked by Dany during the Battle of Kings Landing. The Unsullied only have 1,000-1,500 men left and that's being generous. The Dothraki only followed Dany, do you think that they'd now all of the sudden take direction from Grey Worm? Unlikely. 

The North and their allies would destroy the unsullied and the remaining Iron Born with little issue. Does Dorn really care that much to bring their army to KL to fight against the rest of the realm? They haven't really cared much about what's going on throughout the series so again, unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nobody's going to care about this show in 2 months with how bad this ending was.

Just got this from reddit/imdb and their rankings of all the episodes. Turns out it wasn't being bashed just on twitter.

683mjwgvpbz21.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I addressed this. I thought he was talking about pre-killing Dany, not post-killing Dany.

But also seems like a good time to bring up that the Unsullied and Dothraki are supposed to be nonexistent at this point, not formidable forces. But...you know....

Gotcha, however even if their armies are dented, it would be a war that does not need to happen with Bran as king.