Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Tyty said:

Was Sansa getting raped in the books or did it happen after the books ended and the show went its own way

That never happened in the books. I find it unlikely she marries him as he is married to Jeyne Poole (aka fake Arya).

Sansas suitor from LF is a man named Harold Hardyng. That is not expected to last based on the sansa suitor theory, but the books aren't that far yet.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Much more sexual tension between Dany and Jon this week.

The scene where Jon decides that he would be the one to lead the northern journey they did a great job on capturing Dany's thought on it. She was very clearly and visibly taken aback a bit and it was obvious that she didn't want him to go. Great acting and a wonderful job by the director to catch it, but not harp on it and keep it somewhat understated. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

The scene where Jon decides that he would be the one to lead the northern journey they did a great job on capturing Dany's thought on it. She was very clearly and visibly taken aback a bit and it was obvious that she didn't want him to go. Great acting and a wonderful job by the director to catch it, but not harp on it and keep it somewhat understated. 

Gonna be some aunt and nephew loving.

I do wonder how the show will deal with Jon being the rightful heir over Dany. All of dany's followers follower he because they believe in her and her power. So would she still feel like she would need to be queen or would she be willing to give up her ambitions to her nephew with a better claim?

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I do wonder how the show will deal with Jon being the rightful heir over Dany. All of dany's followers follower he because they believe in her and her power. So would she still feel like she would need to be queen or would she be willing to give up her ambitions to her nephew with a better claim?

The show will never deal with it since Jon will be a Wight by the end of season 8, either that or it's just them just confirming it was a real marriage.

But if we really wanna arugue semantics, Danny will probably be the last one to sit on the throne after she takes it from Cersei.

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

There are only 2 ways in which that ends to me, to make the ending somewhat clean - one, either Dany or Jon dies. The second is that they get married, which is why the sexual tension / developing relationship between the two is important. One of those two will happen. With a very finite number of episodes left, I don't think that this is a problem that they can really bring to the forefront unless that's the very end of the series and they leave it open. I think that type of ending would be crucified critically, so I don't know that it's the way that they want to end it. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

There are only 2 ways in which that ends to me, to make the ending somewhat clean - one, either Dany or Jon dies. The second is that they get married, which is why the sexual tension / developing relationship between the two is important. One of those two will happen. With a very finite number of episodes left, I don't think that this is a problem that they can really bring to the forefront unless that's the very end of the series and they leave it open. I think that type of ending would be crucified critically, so I don't know that it's the way that they want to end it. 

Where does that leave Sansa though? Old maid of the north? 

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Where does that leave Sansa though? Old maid of the north? 

The lady of winterfell. I would assume that she would eventually get married, and to keep the name of the Starks alive, her children with whomever she married would carry the surname Stark (I believe that there is precedence for that with the Darry's in the book). Jon would either be on the iron throne (along with Dany as a married couple) or dead. Jon actually has no claim to winterfell besides his current standing as king of the North - technically he's not a Stark, he's a Targ, so his rightful seat would be dragonstone  and the iron throne. I don't think that the "king of the north" will last. By the end, I think the realm will once more be whole and under one (or two in the marriage theory) ruler and Winterfell / Starks will once more just be the wardens of the north. 

Just now, Forge said:

The lady of winterfell. I would assume that she would eventually get married, and to keep the name of the Starks alive, her children with whomever she married would carry the surname Stark. Jon would either be on the iron throne (along with Dany as a married couple) or dead. Jon actually has no claim to winterfell besides his current standing as king of the North - technically he's not a Stark, he's a Targ, so his rightful seat would be dragonstone  and the iron throne. I don't think that the "king of the north" will last. By the end, I think the realm will once more be whole and under one (or two in the marriage theory) ruler and Winterfell / Starks will once more just be the wardens of the north. 

Just saying you brought up the sansa suitor theory and there is no "young griff" currently to fulfill it without it being Jon. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Just saying you brought up the sansa suitor theory and there is no "young griff" currently to fulfill it without it being Jon. 

Oh, I'm talking strictly for the show in this scenario. I think the book will differ. The show obviously has branched off the Sansa suitor theory, so it's not applicable. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Oh, I'm talking strictly for the show in this scenario. I think the book will differ. The show obviously has branched off the Sansa suitor theory, so it's not applicable. 

Still it brings up a good discussion what will happen with sansa in the show. What is her happily ever after and does she even get one? Can they just leave her the warden of the north unmarried in the show? 

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Still it brings up a good discussion what will happen with sansa in the show. What is her happily ever after and does she even get one? Can they just leave her the warden of the north unmarried in the show? 

Political marriage pact between her and sweet robin? To tie this into LF, perhaps she does decide its time to get rid of LF, but to do so risks the loss of the Vale because LF still controls it. So in order to make sure that everything is in line, she agrees to a marriage pact with Sweet Robin made with Bronze Royce, who I'd assume would take over guardianship. Royce commits the Vale to Sansa and the North, Sansa agrees to marry Sweet Robin, Arya or someone kills LF. 

Or maybe she dies, Jon / Dany legitimizes Gendry to maintain the Baratheon name, and Arya marries Gendry. Of course, if the children are taking the name Stark, that still creates a void of Baratheon's since Gendry would then be the last one. It's a tough question. 

**edit** just remembered that scenario one would create a similar issue for the Arryn's since sweet robin is the last Arryn alive. Damn, this is hard. Okay, so Sansa married sweet robin, because Sansa Arryn and lady of the vale, Arya becomes lady of winterfell and marries Gendry......or hot pie?