Week 1 - Rams @ Raiders - MNF

RamRod

14 hours ago, LARams91 said:

I think we matchup really well with the Raiders. Their defense is trash and no one on their offense worries me. I think this is an easy W

More unknown than Trash. Basically all new starters, with a new DC. Some young talent in Hall, Hurst, Key, Calhoun, Lee, Morrow, Conley, Melvin, Harris and Joseph. Sprinkle in some vets like Irvin, Gilchrist, Whitehead, Carradine and Rodgers-Cromartie. Lots of ifs, question marks and potential, but that could go either way. 

35 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

More unknown than Trash. Basically all new starters, with a new DC. Some young talent in Hall, Hurst, Key, Calhoun, Lee, Morrow, Conley, Melvin, Harris and Joseph. Sprinkle in some vets like Irvin, Gilchrist, Whitehead, Carradine and Rodgers-Cromartie. Lots of ifs, question marks and potential, but that could go either way. 

Yeah I like some of the Raiders defensive players. I’m an LSU guy so I love Key. At one time he was projected to be a top 10 pick. Hurst fell because of a medical condition but he has tons of talent. Some thought Conley was better than Lattimore out of Ohio State but he fell due to off the field issues. So no doubt the Raiders have talent but like you said they are young and unknown and on MNF against a Rams group that has a veteran oline, great offensive minded coach and they have been together for a year in the same system, like it’s going to be tough for the Raiders defense. 

9 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

In my experience, unknowns typically turn to trash. Rookies can't be expected to contribute week 1.

13 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

In my experience, unknowns typically turn to trash. Rookies can't be expected to contribute week 1.

Well there’s only one rookie starter....

and so you’re saying unknowns are trash? But any breakout player who ever lived was technically “unknown” before they broke out. 

Tell the pats last year opening night that rookies can’t contribute right away....im sure they thought the same thing.

54 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

and so you’re saying unknowns are trash? But any breakout player who ever lived was technically “unknown” before they broke out. 

Tell the pats last year opening night that rookies can’t contribute right away....im sure they thought the same thing.

I said can't be expected. Conley is essentially a rookie, your safeties are very meh, linebackers outside of Irvin leave a lot to be desired and on the dline are young, unproven guys.

You're right, breakout players happen. But they can't be expected...Feel like you missed the point of my post.

30 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

I said can't be expected. Conley is essentially a rookie, your safeties are very meh, linebackers outside of Irvin leave a lot to be desired and on the dline are young, unproven guys.

You're right, breakout players happen. But they can't be expected...Feel like you missed the point of my post.

Idk if I did. You didn’t say breakout players can’t be expected, you said rookies can’t be expected to contribute Week 1. You also said that in your experience Unknown’s turn out to be trash. 

And Irvin isn’t a LB

32 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Idk if I did. You didn’t say breakout players can’t be expected, you said rookies can’t be expected to contribute Week 1. You also said that in your experience Unknown’s turn out to be trash. 

And Irvin isn’t a LB

Irvin was, now he's an end in your new 43, my bad. Unknown's typically turn into trash 99% of the time...that's why when guys do breakout it's such a big deal. It's not a difficult concept and numbers/statistics back up this claim. I'm not saying your team is trash. Change out the tampon before Monday if you can't handle a little discussion.

38 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

Irvin was, now he's an end in your new 43, my bad. Unknown's typically turn into trash 99% of the time...that's why when guys do breakout it's such a big deal. It's not a difficult concept and numbers/statistics back up this claim. I'm not saying your team is trash. Change out the tampon before Monday if you can't handle a little discussion.

Lmao where did I get personal or touchy? That would be you my friend. Where did I ever say that you called the team trash? Seems like you’re the one who can’t handle discussion. 

I didn’t mean that the defense was full of unknown players, there’s just a lot of unknown aspects including the new scheme and coordinator. They could look dominate or they could completely blow, but you can’t really say one way or the other. Unless you want to judge based off of the pre season, then they’ll be pretty good. But I don’t do that. 

57 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Lmao where did I get personal or touchy? That would be you my friend. Where did I ever say that you called the team trash? Seems like you’re the one who can’t handle discussion. 

I didn’t mean that the defense was full of unknown players, there’s just a lot of unknown aspects including the new scheme and coordinator. They could look dominate or they could completely blow, but you can’t really say one way or the other. Unless you want to judge based off of the pre season, then they’ll be pretty good. But I don’t do that. 

I feel fairly confident. I guess time will tell, I will pull this thread back up and eat it up.

4 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

I agree that the Raiders will have some breakout players. Problem is it looks like most of their defensive starters are going to have to breakout to have a decent defense. Rams have like 2 starters looking to have a breakout year, the rest are either established stars or established starter material.

I'm not saying the Raiders don't have a chance, but if we're being perfectly honest it would take a small miracle to make this a competitive game.

Raiders do have talent on D, but it's young. It's hard to rely on young starters in Week 1 against an offense that thrives on misdirection, disguise, and defensive confusion. But FWIW, I like Hurst and Hall. I think they'll make an impact sooner than later. Same for Conley.

Archived