Week One GDT: Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders

BayRaider

8 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Carrier is a converted WR, the guy can run 

I like our TE group Lee is an excellent blocker with good hands to move the chains. I think the TE’s are underrated. Without Clive warlford (even cut by the jets)holding us back. Can’t wait to see how we utilize all 3

I look for Gruden to get Cooper action in the slot to create mismatches. And I expect them to put a lot of pressure on their LBs with Martin/Richard.

Going to see a lot of quick timing throws IMO. Working to get the ball out quick to take pressure off the tackles. And a lot of double tight end, FB smash mouth running to set up the play action pass. 

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I look for Gruden to get Cooper action in the slot to create mismatches. And I expect them to put a lot of pressure on their LBs with Martin/Richard.

Going to see a lot of quick timing throws IMO. Working to get the ball out quick to take pressure off the tackles. And a lot of double tight end, FB smash mouth running to set up the play action pass. 

It’s going to be refreshing to actually see play action again after the downing experience.

14 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No Mack is better against the run.

No, he's not. For example, Aaron Donald posted 58 TFLs from 2014 to 2016 at a position where splash plays are typically more difficult to accrue. Over that same period of time, Mack posted 53 TFLs. That's just splash plays. Donald can eat and defeat interior double teams and disrupts like few others can. Source: https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-tackles-for-loss/2016/

19 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

@jrry32 what makes Donald such a better player than Mack? And why do you think it's not close? I always thought they were neck and neck

Donald plays a more difficult position and still is able to pressure the QB more, sack the QB at a similar rate, disrupt more in the run game, and produce more TFLs.

Mack is a top 5 defensive player, but barring Watt returning to his old ways, Donald is the NFL's best defensive player.

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, he's not. For example, Aaron Donald posted 58 TFLs from 2014 to 2016 at a position where splash plays are typically more difficult to accrue. Over that same period of time, Mack posted 53 TFLs. That's just splash plays. Donald can eat and defeat interior double teams and disrupts like few others can. Source: https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-tackles-for-loss/2016/

Donald plays a more difficult position and still is able to pressure the QB more, sack the QB at a similar rate, disrupt more in the run game, and produce more TFLs.

Mack is a top 5 defensive player, but barring Watt returning to his old ways, Donald is the NFL's best defensive player.

Dude do I really have to say that NFC West is not that are good.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Have at it. That's not a rebuttal to the points I made. I don't care if you trash the 9ers, Cards, and Seahawks.

I’m not trashing I’m just stating a fact the majority of your stats come from playing these teams.

7 sacks out 11 come from theses 6 games

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I’m not trashing I’m just stating a fact the majority of your stats come from playing these teams.

7 sacks out 11 come from theses 6 games

And the OLs in the AFC West, outside of the Raiders, are also very underwhelming. In their respective careers, Donald has 16.5 sacks vs. the NFCW and Mack has 16.5 sacks vs. the AFCW.(assuming I didn't make a counting error)

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So the 1998 playbook? ?

1 hour ago, Totty said:

So the 1998 playbook? ?

Did you watch coaches roundtable situ mcvay and Jay. They both referenced that playbook as the bible. And whenever they are in a jam during gameplanning they referred to that playbook. 

I get that the NFL nowadays is different, alot more throwing. But a skinny post or TE down the seams still beat cover 2. Doesn't matter what year it is. 

Archived