2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Man I hope so.

Especially if he weighs in around 290.

He may get drafted ahead of Quinnen. Bama defense gets the best coaching in the country.  Quinnen is a great athlete, but Oliver might be elite athletically.  I do think one of them will be there at 5. 

Right now the only 2 guys I m pretty confident  that won t make it to 5 are Bosa and Allen.  Outside pass rushers just don t fall.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He may get drafted ahead of Quinnen. Bama defense gets the best coaching in the country.  Quinnen is a great athlete, but Oliver might be elite athletically.  I do think one of them will be there at 5. 

Right now the only 2 guys I m pretty confident  that won t make it to 5 are Bosa and Allen.  Outside pass rushers just don t fall.

He should.

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

We’ll have to see what happens in free agency because Jonah makes a lot of sense to protect Jameis and try and get some semblance of a running game, but if we make a signing or two (already have 2 big contracts wrapped up in an average OL) I think it would almost be stupid to pass on Oliver/Quinnen for Jonah. We shall see. Should get a good player regardless.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Unless they don't test well...

Per walterfootball:

8/29/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Allen checks in at 6-foot-4, 250 pounds with 33.25-inch arms, 8.5-inch hands and an 80-inch wingspan. They have Allen running the 40-yard dash in 4.60 seconds. 

23 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Bosa's 10 yard split and bench are gonna be good. And he's gonna move well in all the drills.

It sounds like Allen is gonna put on a show but I haven't seen much of him.

Unless they fail a drug test or punch a team official, I don t see anyway Bosa and Allen get past 3.   

I think AZ wouldn t mind trading out of 1, but who really wants to move up that far?  I think the Haskins sweepstakes starts around 3 for someone to move up.  I think the Bucs would be willing to move the pick if Jonah is gone.  

With more 3-4 concepts, I do wonder how far Burns will be on their draft board.  I think he is going to test really well.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Unless they fail a drug test or punch a team official, I don t see anyway Bosa and Allen get past 3.   

The only thing I'd worry about with Bosa is his contract. Make sure the language is legit and it's fully guaranteed. He comes from a family of businessmen. Joey held out for months. Don't eff around and just get it done.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The only thing I'd worry about with Bosa is his contract. Make sure the language is legit and it's fully guaranteed. He comes from a family of businessmen. Joey held out for months. Don't eff around and just get it done.

the question is Nick Bosa worth 2 1st rounders and another pick?  I think he is and if I m the Bucs I at least inquire.  Of course, if they do this it is ride or die with Jameis at QB past this season.  Going to be an interesting offseason.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think AZ wouldn t mind trading out of 1, but who really wants to move up that far?  I think the Haskins sweepstakes starts around 3 for someone to move up.  I think the Bucs would be willing to move the pick if Jonah is gone.  

With more 3-4 concepts, I do wonder how far Burns will be on their draft board.  I think he is going to test really well.

Arizona has holes for days. They need as much talent as they can get. But I doubt anybody pays the king's ransom for the pick.

Burns is a bean stalk. He's probably gonna have to put on 30lbs. What's that gonna do to his game?

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Q is the lesser athlete but he uses his hands better and more advanced in pass rush moves. I rather have Q.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Arizona has holes for days. They need as much talent as they can get. But I doubt anybody pays the king's ransom for the pick.

Burns is a bean stalk. He's probably gonna have to put on 30lbs. What's that gonna do to his game?

Since it isn t a Qb, what is the price, considering AZ roster.  I don t know.  Are you suggesting Burns is only around 200 lbs right now? I don t think Von Miller plays over 240, but I could bevwrong.

I think all options are on the table right now for the Bucs.  BA says its a reload not a rebuild.  How aggressive will they be, it s going to be fascinating to watch.

Archived