Week 1: Arizona Cardinals GDT

Ghostnote

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

Oh, absolutely. Hence why I only struck the part of running out of bounds.

True, what he should’ve done was go down easier and not try to fight for meaningless extra yards. Also, obviously, not carry the ball like a loaf of bread.

DHall asked Dunny why he dropped the first int? Dunny talked about the film study and knowing if they went two wide that they’d run a curl or a shorter route so he jumped it but the ball came in fast and hit me in the face mask! ? 

Peterson got the game ball. He got enough yards to get over 10,000 in his career, passed Marshall Faulk and Jim Brown for rushing all time. He also got his 100th TD in his career.

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

Hey Gruden, you know what makes that easier? Using your competent running backs and not the guy you have transferred your inexplicable man crush to.

Yep, exactly and he’s not even as good as Ryan Gruden was last year. Also, big difference between how Grant was always the 4th or 5th wr rather than how Kelley was the starter last year and projected to be the starter this year after Guice got hurt and before we signed Peterson. 

We go on the road, completely dominate a team that many/most of you thought would beat us, we at one point had something like 30 first downs to 5, we ran for almost 200 yards and humiliate them in terms of ToP, and most importantly we made them run up the white flag with double digits left on the clock — and the last 6-8 pages of this GDT are, for the most part, the pit of misery. 

You guys are wild ? you don’t get many games like this in the NFL, especially in a season opener on the road, enjoy it!

At the very least, don’t sweat the 4th quarter. It was the equivalent of a preseason game (or the points on Whose Line Is It Anyway). They were just trying to get out of there as painlessly as possible with the W they had already earned and Arizona had essentially already conceded.  

49 minutes ago, e16bball said:

We go on the road, completely dominate a team that many/most of you thought would beat us, we at one point had something like 30 first downs to 5, we ran for almost 200 yards and humiliate them in terms of ToP, and most importantly we made them run up the white flag with double digits left on the clock — and the last 6-8 pages of this GDT are, for the most part, the pit of misery. 

You guys are wild ? you don’t get many games like this in the NFL, especially in a season opener on the road, enjoy it!

At the very least, don’t sweat the 4th quarter. It was the equivalent of a preseason game (or the points on Whose Line Is It Anyway). They were just trying to get out of there as painlessly as possible with the W they had already earned and Arizona had essentially already conceded.  

I don’t have any more likes, but I couldn’t like this post more than I do! Perfect! It did seem like the pit of misery at times, lol.

Alex ended up 21/30, 255 yards, 2 TDs and a 118.1 rating.

I’ll take that in his first game as a Redskins QB.

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Redskins have burned me way too many times for me to get excited about beating a Sam Bradford led team with a rookie Head Coach.  

Archived