Week 1: Arizona Cardinals GDT

Ghostnote

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Redskins have burned me way too many times for me to get excited about beating a Sam Bradford led team with a rookie Head Coach.  

You don’t have to buy them as a legitimate contender or anything yet — I still don’t, because of a couple things I didn’t see today that we’re gonna need to beat the really good teams.

But today was an awesome game! We crushed them, that’s about as fun as it gets. Like I said, we don’t tend to get a lot of these games that are just fun and simple and enjoyable

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

We go on the road, completely dominate a team that many/most of you thought would beat us, we at one point had something like 30 first downs to 5, we ran for almost 200 yards and humiliate them in terms of ToP, and most importantly we made them run up the white flag with double digits left on the clock — and the last 6-8 pages of this GDT are, for the most part, the pit of misery. 

You guys are wild ? you don’t get many games like this in the NFL, especially in a season opener on the road, enjoy it!

At the very least, don’t sweat the 4th quarter. It was the equivalent of a preseason game (or the points on Whose Line Is It Anyway). They were just trying to get out of there as painlessly as possible with the W they had already earned and Arizona had essentially already conceded.  

Only thing I was down about was not getting the shut out. It woulda been cool to do so

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Only thing I was down about was not getting the shut out. It woulda been cool to do so

Yeah, that would’ve been fun. Last shutout was in the last Super Bowl season — maybe when we finally break that streak, it’ll be an omen?

9 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i thought we would have more sacks and pressure. good win though. shocked to see ryan anderson in on a sack!

Me too. The lack of sacks, hurries, and hits was a little concerning, but if you look at Bradford's career, he has never been sacked too often. 

Archived