Stupid Upset Picks: Week 2

naptownskinsfan

Another item we used to do years ago on another forum during college football season- Stupid Upset Picks.  Here is how it works: 

Each week, you will be provided a link to a website- currently TeamRankings.org- where you will pick ONE game against the spread. If your upset pick wins the game outright, you will be awarded the points on the spread. 

I am providing the link to the site above because of copy and paste formatting. It will be ridiculously time-consuming to do that right now. If this catches on, I am more than happy to change but this is the way we are doing it for now. 

Rules, which will be posted each week in the new thread: 

1.) Pick ONE game from the TeamRankings.org list where you think the underdog will win the game outright. There is no rule against picking a game another poster has selected. 

2.) Reply to this thread with the game and the spread you are selecting. This makes it easy for me to account for your spread, and since we are using a site where things could change, I need your spread posted accurately. 

Ex: South Carolina (+10) @ Georgia would be your post in this thread.  If South Carolina upsets Georgia, you get 10 points.  There are no negative points for picking incorrectly.  

3.) Points accumulate throughout the season, and will be updated each week. The "winner" will be the one who accumulates the highest score. 

4.) You are not committed to finishing out the season, but the more weeks you play, the more chances you have to pick and win. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So simply covering the spread awards no points, right? Point spread is just being used to gauge how much of an upset it'd be and how many points it's worth?

Kentucky (+13.5) at Florida

Yes, while we had a ton of college football fanatics, we elected to keep this game simple.  It was just for bragging rights anyway.  

Archived