Le'Veon Bell

famousj

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

You know we can’t sign him to a long term deal and he can walk in free agency right? There is no reason to give a draft pick for a 13 game rental. None. Not to mention he has really no incentive to even play for us.

and yeah, we aren’t ready to win now. It’s a problem 

Who cares ? Our mid-round picks don't even play ONE game

13 games sounds amazing

A big issue that makes no one really want to trade for him is how hard will he play? He’ll be a FA and won’t want to hurt himself and will want to limit his touches. So whoever trades for him isn’t getting the Bell we all know. Him coming to us looks like something we can visit in Free Agency. Once I found out we can’t reisgh him... my interest plummeted 

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

lol this is the truth though

My wishful thinking though is that someone else will be making our draft picks next year 

3 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Who cares ? Our mid-round picks don't even play ONE game

13 games sounds amazing

Never mind our mid round picks, look at our 5 third round picks that Mac has made, I had a whole list of who Macc , picked with his third round picks, on one of these topics today it was pathetic.

I don’t want Bell..period. Paying a RB the money he wants rarely ever works out being that there careers tend to be shorter than other positions. I get it some of us want this big name player or superstar offensive player but we need to build our OL first and foremost before we jump into a major commitment like this would be.

Just now, Dr.O said:

I don’t want Bell..period. Paying a RB the money he wants rarely ever works out being that there careers tend to be shorter than other positions. I get it some of us want this big name player or superstar offensive player but we need to build our OL first and foremost before we jump into a major commitment like this would be.

Understand your point and I don’t disagree with it. But there’s a few issues involved in this. We won’t attract any FA on offense unless we have a big name. Darnold even in a couple years won’t be that big name players gravitate to. We literally need pretty much a whole OL (Shell might be the only one with staying power). We have no 2nd Rounder this next year as well. And the odds of getting good starting OL in Rounds 3 or later just aren't high. So you’re talking several years before this oil is rebuilt. Now we go and get some attractive FAs... some of the big name OT, OG and OC FAs might want to come here. I can guarantee a big names will be more attracted here with a great RB. Now I’ve stated that now that I know we can't resign Bell if we traded for him, that I don’t want to trade for him. But I do have interest in him in FA. Our team is starving for difference makers on offense. More so than any team in the NFL. We have money. Etc. It’s been proven that we aren’t an attractive team for FAs. We constantly offer more money and get the cold shoulder. Especially on offense. I’m some sort of way we have to change this. We can’t spend 130mill all on defense yet again and filling the roster with overpaying 30+yr olds.

I have a feeling we might jump on Bell if Darnold looks like he needs more help today. Jobs are currently on the line and I can see Macc & Bowles pushing for a difference maker like him to advertise for next year. I am concerned about how his teammates responded to his situation, but it wouldn't surprise me if we snatched him up after this game for Macc's price. 

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I have a feeling we might jump on Bell if Darnold looks like he needs more help today. Jobs are currently on the line and I can see Macc & Bowles pushing for a difference maker like him to advertise for next year. I am concerned about how his teammates responded to his situation, but it wouldn't surprise me if we snatched him up after this game for Macc's price. 

I think the Steelers, are going to make him sit as long as it takes for him to come back. Unless  the Jets make them a ridiculous offer. Which would only hurt us in the long run. We are short on high draft picks now. And we need our cap money to help rebuild our O line.

35 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Pitt wants a 2nd and a player they say. A big HELL NO to that. How about a 5th and no player 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Pitt wants a 2nd and a player they say. A big HELL NO to that. How about a 5th and no player 

Yeah, the 2nd isn't going to happen. They will have to settle because of his contract situation & him not being on the field for so long. The steelers will get tired of dealing with this and settle for a 3rd or 4th round pick. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, the 2nd isn't going to happen. They will have to settle because of his contract situation & him not being on the field for so long. The steelers will get tired of dealing with this and settle for a 3rd or 4th round pick. 

They will but no reason to sell him cheaper at early stage of professional season.

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I think the Steelers, are going to make him sit as long as it takes for him to come back. Unless  the Jets make them a ridiculous offer. Which would only hurt us in the long run. We are short on high draft picks now. And we need our cap money to help rebuild our O line.

Macc isn't going to toss a high pick for a player, so I'm not worried about that. I could see it being for a 3rd or 4th round pick. We're set to have 106M in cap space next offseason. Bell won't hurt us. Are we going to give him exactly what the reports are saying he wants? No. But it will be a nice size contract for him and Macc will install a kill switch in his contract probably around year 2. 

I feel like us making a trade for him will depend on this game. If Darnold looks like he needs help, we'll probably trade for him by Tuesday. 

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

They will but no reason to sell him cheaper at early stage of professional season.

At this rate, they probably don't have a choice because every team in the league know that Bell is going to be gone soon. Steelers don't deal with situations like this for long. The longer he holds out, the less likely teams will take the risk because they'll have less time with him. Now his conditioning is questioned and teams don't know if he would be willing to resign. No one is going to trade a 2nd unless they have a good amount of them. Trade him now, they still have 12 games to make it work. 

Archived