Around The League

Bobby816

Edge guys outside the first round rarely end up being good, last 2 guys that come to mind are Justin Houston(although the only reason Houston didn’t go in the first was because he smoked some weed right before the draft) and Yannick

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Except you can't trade for a good edge with a 3rd rounder really.

Cooper maybe, good edge unlikely.

Generally I'd agree with you.... but when the guy is due 19mill next season, that changes the trade value. Taking on his contract for sure softens the blow of the draft pick.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Generally I'd agree with you.... but when the guy is due 19mill next season, that changes the trade value. Taking on his contract for sure softens the blow of the draft pick.

I was initially thinking a 3rd but Mack went for two 1st despite the contract demands. Now he isn’t Mack but I have to think the Cards are looking for a 1st.

Hard pass on Cooper if the Raiders are asking for a 1st. A 3rd seems pretty fair. 

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I was initially thinking a 3rd but Mack went for two 1st despite the contract demands. Now he isn’t Mack but I have to think the Cards are looking for a 1st.

Hard pass on Cooper if the Raiders are asking for a 1st. A 3rd seems pretty fair. 

Jones isn't the player Mack is. He's also a few years younger. I don't think Jones can be had for a 3rd. I think a 2nd. I also think the same for Cooper. Unfortunately we don't have a 2nd or else I'd part with 1 for either of them.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Jones isn't the player Mack is. He's also a few years younger. I don't think Jones can be had for a 3rd. I think a 2nd. I also think the same for Cooper. Unfortunately we don't have a 2nd or else I'd part with 1 for either of them.

Jones is 1 year older than Mack.  He had 17 sacks last year and is on pace for like mid teens again.  Guy is playing like one of the best pass rushers in football.  

You will need to cough up a 1st for him.  It's why I proposed our 1st for Jones and ARI 2nd to soften the loss of our 1st.  That values Jones as a mid late first (in the early 20's approximately.

Would you guys do both of these trades.

Trade our 1st and NO 3rd for Jones and ARI 2nd 

and

Trade our 3rd for Cooper 

That leaves us with only the ARI 2nd in the draft in teh first 3 rounds but gives us Cooper and Jones the rest of the year.

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Jones is 1 year older than Mack.  He had 17 sacks last year and is on pace for like mid teens again.  Guy is playing like one of the best pass rushers in football.  

You will need to cough up a 1st for him.  It's why I proposed our 1st for Jones and ARI 2nd to soften the loss of our 1st.  That values Jones as a mid late first (in the early 20's approximately.

and

Trade our 3rd for Cooper 

That leaves us with only the ARI 2nd in the draft in teh first 3 rounds but gives us Cooper and Jones the rest of the year.

I am on board trading a 3 to get Cooper

I am no sure ARI would make that deal, but at this point of time I would we are desperate for a pass rusher.

47 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

and

Trade our 3rd for Cooper 

I’d be for that. And target a OT in Round 2.

35 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

and

Trade our 3rd for Cooper 

The only reason I would hesitate on those trades is that it leaves us with hardly any assets to improve the OL. On the flip side, the OL would be the only question mark going forward. And through 6 games, the OL has been average. 

I would be fine with Macc making those trades. I wouldn’t be thrilled that we got some steal though. But I’d be cautiously happy. 

Didn't know where to put this but Mac looks to have nailed it with this draft pick.  TE's don't usually shine right away especially at both blocking and pass catching.  Typically it's one or the other.  Herndon had similar measurements to Njoku coming out.  A Herndon / Sterling TE combo looks extremely bright.  Sterling being the move TE to stretch the field and Herndon being the complete TE.  I think it's safe to say the Jets TE position looks bright.

PFF NY Jets @PFF_Jets
FollowFollow @PFF_Jets
More

#JetsNYJets2018.png rookie Chris Herndon earned an elite 90.5 offense grade this week, ranking first among all qualified tight ends!

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Didn't know where to put this but Mac looks to have nailed it with this draft pick.  TE's don't usually shine right away especially at both blocking and pass catching.  Typically it's one or the other.  Herndon had similar measurements to Njoku coming out.  A Herndon / Sterling TE combo looks extremely bright.  Sterling being the move TE to stretch the field and Herndon being the complete TE.  I think it's safe to say the Jets TE position looks bright.

PFF NY Jets @PFF_Jets
FollowFollow @PFF_Jets
More

#JetsNYJets2018.png rookie Chris Herndon earned an elite 90.5 offense grade this week, ranking first among all qualified tight ends!

He looked really good blocking and catching against the Colts. Glad to see it showing up in his grade.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We brought in Corey Coleman and Rishard Matthews today for workouts. Didn’t sign either. But the WR depth is thin now with Q out for a month, Pryor questionable and Peake out. Cooper trade!!! ? 

I think it’s more likely we bring back Charles Johnson or promote Deontay Burnett but I’d love a Cooper trade or bringing on Rishard

28 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think it’s more likely we bring back Charles Johnson or promote Deontay Burnett but I’d love a Cooper trade or bringing on Rishard

I'm actually a Burnett fan. I wouldn't mind him getting a shot at all.

Archived