Around The League

Bobby816

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

No to Cooper.  Hand problems.

Hell Yes to Jones.

I lot of us were very high on Cooper,  the year he was drafted. So far he has had his ups and mostly downs in the NFL. You just don't ever know how each players is going to pan out in the pros.

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I lot of us were very high on Cooper,  the year he was drafted. So far he has had his ups and mostly downs in the NFL. You just don't ever know how each players is going to pan out in the pros.

Yeah, nobody knows until you have WR and QB together on the same field.  Not all Cooper's downs are his fault.  Carr deserved the blame.

Edit... It is pointless since Gruden killed the rumor.

26 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You add Cooper to this offense and we are looking good. He isn’t a #1, but a trio of Anderson, Enunwa, and Cooper with the way Crowell has played and the way Herndon is trending, and watch out. At that point, the only holes we will have are along the OLine. We can go LT in the first since it seems like a couple of guys will be worth it. Which just leaves LG and C for us to be ready to roll during Darnolds rookie contract.

Same with Jones. He completes our defense.

27 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

You add Cooper to this offense and we are looking good. He isn’t a #1, but a trio of Anderson, Enunwa, and Cooper with the way Crowell has played and the way Herndon is trending, and watch out. At that point, the only holes we will have are along the OLine. We can go LT in the first since it seems like a couple of guys will be worth it. Which just leaves LG and C for us to be ready to roll during Darnolds rookie contract.

I doubt it.  Kearse in and Cooper is better trio.  Darnold has questionable accuracy as far as WR's catching radius is concerned.  Cooper's catching radius is rather too small for Darnold to make an easy connection.  Cooper runs route to get himself open but Darnold's throw isn't on the money. 1/4 of passes could be dropped and another 1/4 could be off targets.  That is a whopping 1/2 chance with Cooper. How could it be considered an improvement for Darnold in long run as many of guys complain about Darnold frequenting screen plays.

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Completely agree. But I believe it will take more than 3rds to get either of them.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Completely agree. But I believe it will take more than 3rds to get either of them.

You might be able to land Cooper for our 3rd.  Late 2nd early 3rd round value seems about right for him.  

Jones on the other hand starts with our 1st so if anyone really wants him prepare to cough up our 1st.

If we are going to go for him I'd hope to do something like our 1st for Jones and ARI 2nd.  That would put Jones around a late 1st round grade.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cooper is on his way to have sub 800 yards a season for the second year in a row.

Gruden immediately killed the Cooper trade rumor.

Those statements suggest Cooper's value is much lower than 3rd round right now. 

26 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Cooper is on his way to have sub 800 yards a season for the second year in a row.

Odds are we get neither. But I’d like to see Macc do something. Edge and WR seem to be good positions to target with talent and some youth. We have the luxury of cap space and that’s why we are always in these rumors. Macc just seems to never pull the trigger on these types of deals.

33 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

1. Teams will think they can fix Cooper because of age and talent

2. Gruden shooting down rumors doesn't hurt Cooper value.  What did you expect him to say yeah we are looking to trade our best offensive player

3. I wouldn't start with a 3rd I would try for a 4th and maybe offer up the NO 3rd but ultimately if he does get moved I think it will be for a 3rd ish round value.

Just now, xenajets said:

We have to trade for a pass rusher at all costs. 

Im not that fussed on a WR unless he’s a stud as I think the quartet of Robby, Q, Kearse and Pryor is very good, especially now we are opening the playbook up more. 

While I agree... all those WRs won’t be back next year more than likely. They’re all FAs. Robby is a RFA though. I think we keep Robby and W around but Jearse and Oryor have no holding power on this team and we could use some youth as well.

But I do agree Edge is a bigger need. I watched Jacksonville the last few weeks and they actually use Fowler a lot. I don’t see them letting him go. Jones I’d love to have I just think his price will be too much. Ray looks like the best option to look into at this point.

Just now, xenajets said:

We have to trade for a pass rusher at all costs. 

Im not that fussed on a WR unless he’s a stud as I think the quartet of Robby, Q, Kearse and Pryor is very good, especially now we are opening the playbook up more. 

I would much rather wait on Fowler / Barr then trade a 1st for Jones.  Jones has a decent trade value and is the better player but losing the 1st hurts.  

The reason I would be good with Cooper is I would likely want to use the NO 3rd on a WR possibly to groom with Darnold anyway.  If that WR was a talent like Cooper I'd be good with that considering we'd have plenty of money to absorb his contract. 

That or I'd be good bringing a guy like Pryor or Kearse back on a one year deal and drafting a WR with the NO pick.  Maybe a guy like Parris Campbell with his speed or one of those monster Texas WR's would fit in with their size could be groomed behind Pryor or Kearse.

Anderson and Q obviously high priority keeping them around along with our two emerging TE's Sterling/Herndon.

31 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The reason I would be good with Cooper is I would likely want to use the NO 3rd on a WR possibly to groom with Darnold anyway.  If that WR was a talent like Cooper I'd be good with that considering we'd have plenty of money to absorb his contract. 

That or I'd be good bringing a guy like Pryor or Kearse back on a one year deal and drafting a WR with the NO pick.  Maybe a guy like Parris Campbell with his speed or one of those monster Texas WR's would fit in with their size could be groomed behind Pryor or Kearse.

Anderson and Q obviously high priority keeping them around along with our two emerging TE's Sterling/Herndon.

Cooper to me is a better/younger version of Kearse. Maybe include him in a deal so it doesn’t deplete the Raiders WR crew and soften the draft pick value. At the end of the day I wouldn’t mind giving up both 3rd for an edge and Cooper. The way Macc drafts and all... there’s pretty much a 0% chance we’d get players as good as Cooper and an edge in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Cooper to me is a better/younger version of Kearse. Maybe include him in a deal so it doesn’t deplete the Raiders WR crew and soften the draft pick value. At the end of the day I wouldn’t mind giving up both 3rd for an edge and Cooper. The way Macc drafts and all... there’s pretty much a 0% chance we’d get players as good as Cooper and an edge in the 3rd.

Except you can't trade for a good edge with a 3rd rounder really.

Cooper maybe, good edge unlikely.

Archived