Around The League

Bobby816

10 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

McGuire never took me as a speed/scat back; which is what I was hoping Cannon was going to be, but I'll reserve my judgement for his return.

True he is not a speed back but he could be very Powell esque with his well rounded game and fantastic ability to catch passes.  If he can do nothing else he will be a great pass catching back which is useful.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

True he is not a speed back but he could be very Powell esque with his well rounded game and fantastic ability to catch passes.  If he can do nothing else he will be a great pass catching back which is useful.

He has speed. I mean he’s not Tyreke Hill... but he has speed. He has good hands is more the point. He also gets to practice to get acclimated before in game action. I think we need an upgrade at 3rd down back. But I see no sense in not trying McGuire in that role before turning the page. We won’t be a playoff team... so I see little reason to play Powell much once McGuire returns and Crowell is healthy. That’s just my opinion though.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He has speed. I mean he’s not Tyreke Hill... but he has speed. He has good hands is more the point. He also gets to practice to get acclimated before in game action. I think we need an upgrade at 3rd down back. But I see no sense in not trying McGuire in that role before turning the page. We won’t be a playoff team... so I see little reason to play Powell much once McGuire returns and Crowell is healthy. That’s just my opinion though.

He ran in the 4.5's.  I think you have to be in the 4.4's to be even considered a speed guy.  Darron Lee ran a faster 40.

Crowell might have more break away speed then McGuire.

McGuire is or at least eventually could be a great pass catching back though which is great for our 3rd down offense. 

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

He ran in the 4.5's.  I think you have to be in the 4.4's to be even considered a speed guy.  Darron Lee ran a faster 40.

Crowell might have more break away speed then McGuire.

McGuire is or at least eventually could be a great pass catching back though which is great for our 3rd down offense. 

McGuire is listed at 5-10, 210 lbs, and if he is a fast as people say that is a great combo. Like everything else with the Jets only time will tell.

Vikings missing Cook so they are at Murray again and he is not that good. Also there D is not doing the damage it was suppose too. I think this game is close. Also on T. Pryor he is not that good and if he is picked up no big lose. This shows that Q is out 1 week and they want to see if Burnett and Darnold have that connection still. 

19 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Vikings missing Cook so they are at Murray again and he is not that good. Also there D is not doing the damage it was suppose too. I think this game is close. Also on T. Pryor he is not that good and if he is picked up no big lose. This shows that Q is out 1 week and they want to see if Burnett and Darnold have that connection still. 

For the amount of time that Pryor was on the field he did a outstanding job.

14 receptions for a outstanding 235 yards which equals 16.8 yards per catch & 2 TD's. how could you say he is not that good?? We are going to miss him.

Archived