Around The League

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Lions fan here..  what would Morris Claiborne costs in a trade ? I just saw Powell went out for the yr.. would you do Ameer Abdullah for Claiborne work?

I don’t think we’re interested in trading Mo away. I think it’d have to be a wow offer to get us to trade him. And Abdullah isn’t that. We get our receiving back back Next week in McGuire. He was going to probably overtake Powell’s role anyway. Cannon will handle that role until McGuire is back.

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Maniah reported that we did inquire about Patrick Peterson but that a deal looks far fetched. I’d still like to see us look into Jones there

To play him at safety ? Or to replace Claiborne ? 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think we’re interested in trading Mo away. I think it’d have to be a wow offer to get us to trade him. And Abdullah isn’t that. We get our receiving back back Next week in McGuire. He was going to probably overtake Powell’s role anyway. Cannon will handle that role until McGuire is back.

thanks for the input appreciate it, and thanks for the beat down on mnf week 1. :D good luck the rest of the yr.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

The New York Giants just traded all pro DT Snacks to the Detroit Lions, for a fifth round pick. I have been following pro football since 1953 and I still don't understand some moves teams make.

Could have gotten a little more value for him but NT’s typically aren’t a hot commodity unless they are elite pass rushers which Snacks isn’t, Giants are doing the smart thing and tearing it down, get rid of all the high priced vets and boost up your draft stock/capital

39 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Could have gotten a little more value for him but NT’s typically aren’t a hot commodity unless they are elite pass rushers which Snacks isn’t, Giants are doing the smart thing and tearing it down, get rid of all the high priced vets and boost up your draft stock/capital

Exactly. They’re going to try  and load up on draft picks and be active probably on draft day to make some trades up and all. Snacks was a cap dump. Vernon might be as well. Apple was attitude. His teammates didn’t like him And that wasn’t going to change.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. They’re going to try  and load up on draft picks and be active probably on draft day to make some trades up and all. Snacks was a cap dump. Vernon might be as well. Apple was attitude. His teammates didn’t like him And that wasn’t going to change.

Wouldn’t mind making a move for Vernon

43 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Wouldn’t mind making a move for Vernon

It sure looks like the Giants are tanking, I am pretty sure Vernon has a hefty contract. With a lack of top draft picks except for our first round pick it would be nice if we could pick up a pass rusher before the training deadline.

Detroit has made the best trade before the trading deadline. The Lions were the worst  run defensive team in the NFL, giving up 5.3 yards on every run attempt. They picked up the best run stopper at the tackle position in the entire NFL, in Snacks, for a fifth round pick.  

Archived