Around The League

Bobby816

27 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Packers made Montgomery available. I wouldn't mind that for a late round pick. 

I dont see us trading for any players at this point. Bowles/mccaggnan would prob prefer to add draft picks then lose them. 

I'd expect the Jets to sign players rather than trade for em and continue to build through the draft

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Fowler got traded for a 3rd this year and a 5th next year. If I was Macc I would have pulled that trigger and resigned him before he hits FA. Another ball dropped by Macc.

Or keep the picks and lure him here with a big offer in free agency. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Fowler got traded for a 3rd this year and a 5th next year. If I was Macc I would have pulled that trigger and resigned him before he hits FA. Another ball dropped by Macc.

That's if Fowler wants to sign here rather than test the open market or go to a more competitive team. We're not going anywhere this year; the Eagles, Skins, and Rams are all playoff hopefuls who have a serious shot at seeing the SB. Hitting the window is worth giving away draft capital.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So give away 2 picks for an 8 game rental.  No thanks.  Just sign him in the offseason if you really want him and keep the picks.

LA can do that because they are going for a ring, we are not.  

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t mind Mac not making and trades. This team is going no where with this coaching staff in place so I’d rather save the picks for the hopefully new incoming staff 

Green don't get your hopes of a new regime, not as long as we have the owners we have.

22 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

So give away 2 picks for an 8 game rental.  No thanks.  Just sign him in the offseason if you really want him and keep the picks.

LA can do that because they are going for a ring, we are not.  

We rarely get the FA we want bc we aren’t desirable. And that’s my point. I highly doubt he will come here as a FA. Trading for him and convincing him to sign while here was more likely.

I really hope there is a new GM and HC next year. Not upset about not making crazy moves but we have absolutely 0 WRs and cut both guys we drafted a year prior. What on earth are we doing? I am no longer confident that 2019 will be a successful year with all the money we have if Mac is still our GM. 

Archived