Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

9 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Perfect example of a bumbling idiot who never ever played the game (I Bet) and says "Dak" doesn't get him in the endzone etc.." yet doesn't realize that in a team sport, especially where "play-calling matters" as much as anything and Dallas has some of the all time worst at that. 

Tony Kornhiny should be stating Dallas doesn't get them in the endzone as much as you like. Dak should definitely get some blame but all of it??????

Of course not all of it. Garrett and Linehan have a ton of culpability there too, but the statement is still rooted around his shortcomings as a WB that he can’t overcome on his own.

5 hours ago, retrolock said:

I must have been spoiled by Romo, that dude whatever his deficiencies were (mostly he had bad defenses) would never quit and would always try to bring back the team and score. 

My answer: Bring back Romo. Bring him back until he breaks his back lol

you mean bring back the QB who if I recall correctly was once blasted so badly by the posters on this site, I remember one declaring "Romo doesn't deserve to live" after blowing some game.

5 hours ago, retrolock said:

I dunno man, that was the first time I saw someone drop an easy pass from him, oh another time from Cooper when the ball hit him right on his chest. How many times have Dak missed Gallup? Hurns? God knows who else. Dude is  a game manager, if our D fails he cannot bring us back. 2016 is 2016 what we need is right now, and right now he cannot carry this team with his mediocre QB play. Was Cooper schemed by the Colts? take away his fave target we are doomed

hasn't Dak already come back from many games in the 4th quarter In his short career??? If he doesn't do it every time, it's like a he never does. In the meantime any time Dallas doesn't come back, some if not a lot of the blame can be attributed to our "can't make adjustment coaching staff" which they have been known as EVEN before Dak arrived. So why is it now all on Dak??

4 hours ago, D82 said:

I think there's validation to both sides of the Dak argument. I don't think the Quincy comparisons are valid. I don't recall Quincy ever bringing this team back from deficits nor leading them to wins. I don't recall Dak ever being a druggy. 

I seem to remember a 3rd year Romo getting quite a bit of heat on this forum for some of his "gunslinger" tendencies with the football. I think a lot of people seem to forget we're without our All-Pro center, have been starting a castoff at LG and rookie, have been dealing with a not 100% Tyron Smith and Zack Martin all year, and just recently had to start our 3rd string guard. This isn't the world-beating offensive line we saw in 2016. 

Then there's the coaching. We know Linehan has his flaws, one of these being his inability to adjust and play to the strengths of his QB. I don't believe he nor Moore are the ones to help Dak in his progression to reach those McNabb comparisons in that scouting report. 

funny reading this because you said both sides and went on the make many reasonable points in favor of Dak getting more support for his side of the argument. But be careful what you say. They will come for you.

40 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

funny reading this because you said both sides and went on the make many reasonable points in favor of Dak getting more support for his side of the argument. But be careful what you say. They will come for you.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

hasn't Dak already come back from many games in the 4th quarter In his short career??? If he doesn't do it every time, it's like a he never does. In the meantime any time Dallas doesn't come back, some if not a lot of the blame can be attributed to our "can't make adjustment coaching staff" which they have been known as EVEN before Dak arrived. So why is it now all on Dak??

4th quarter comebacks are a meaningless stat. If a guy plays well enough in the first three quarters, “4th quarter comebacks” are typically pretty low.

To put things a different way, Jay Cutler is 20th all time in 4th quarter comebacks. Troy Aikman is 60th all time with 15, and Staubach and Aaron Rodgers are tied at 85th with 13. Boy, Staubach and Rodgers must really suck to have had so few of them.

How about more evidence...sorry, “rhetoric” from other analysts? This time from Calvin Watkins:

https://theathletic.com/716941/2018/12/16/cowboys-suffer-inexplicable-letdown-loss-in-indianapolis/

Prescott continues to show poor pocket presence. He took a six-yard sack in the first half on a play-action pass. If Prescott watches the tape of Luck, he’ll notice that he excels at escaping the pocket, as well as throwing the ball away. Luck scrambled for 20 yards on Sunday, the majority if not all of that total coming on pass plays where the pocket was about to converge on him.

I guess I still don’t know anything.

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

4th quarter comebacks are a meaningless stat. If a guy plays well enough in the first three quarters, “4th quarter comebacks” are typically pretty low

This is ironic seeing as you spent the first 10 years on this site saying Romo sucks because he chokes in the 4th quarter. No matter what stat favors Dak, you will find a way to dismiss it. 

And you where you said "guy" I am pretty sure you should have said "team"

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

How about more evidence...sorry, “rhetoric” from other analysts? This time from Calvin Watkins:

https://theathletic.com/716941/2018/12/16/cowboys-suffer-inexplicable-letdown-loss-in-indianapolis/

I guess I still don’t know anything.

Has anyone actually debated this point? I think its a general consensus that he needs to work on his pocket presence. 

Is there anyone out there(forum member, former NFL player, analyst, scout, etc...) anyone.... who thinks Dak is an accurate thrower of the football? I would like to read a write up of someone praising Daks accuracy throwing the ball. 

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Is there anyone out there(forum member, former NFL player, analyst, scout, etc...) anyone.... who thinks Dak is an accurate thrower of the football? I would like to read a write up of someone praising Daks accuracy throwing the ball. 

Pretty sure Matt is sold on his accuracy

If you Google "Dak Prescott Accuracy," you get a set of articles that are less than flattering:

This was after our blowout WIN against the Jags..

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/21/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-accuracy-tracker-week-6-jacksonville-jaguars/

Week 5’s Tracking Dak, also known as the Dakuracy Report, showed one of the more egregious outings for Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott this season. On 30 attempted throws, one-third of his attempts were classified as highly inaccurate, an unacceptable level.

Diving deeper made this appear even worse. Prescott attempted just 12 passes that went beyond 10 yards. 83 percent of them were badly thrown. And on short throws, the “gimmes” that should bolster statistics? Five of his nine passes between 0 and 10 yards weren’t accurate, even though he completed two of those five.

The Cowboys bounced back from that game against Houston to absolutely throttle the Jacksonville Jaguars, 40-7. Prescott only completed 183 yards but the overwhelming consensus is that he played much better than he did the week before.

Did he?

Prescott attempted 28 throws this week, and a higher percentage were highly inaccurate (35.7) than the previous week when Prescott attempted 30 throws and exactly one-third of them (10) were highly inaccurate.

Once again, on deep throws, passes that traveled more than 20 yards in the air, Prescott struggled. He was one of four, nailing the first throw for 27 yards to Gallup, but missing the final three. The last deep pass was almost intercepted by Jalen Ramsey where Prescott should’ve thrown short as the CB stayed on top of Hurns’ route, who didn’t track the ball at all

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

he is far more accurate than given credit for. Most of his label as an inaccurate QB comes from before Cooper trade since then he is quite accurate. 2016 season as well. As we have said before, he may not win any all accurate awards, but Dak is much better than the other end of the spectrum that keeps getting the drums pounding.

11 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If you Google "Dak Prescott Accuracy," you get a set of articles that are less than flattering:

This was after our blowout WIN against the Jags..

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/21/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-accuracy-tracker-week-6-jacksonville-jaguars/

Week 5’s Tracking Dak, also known as the Dakuracy Report, showed one of the more egregious outings for Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott this season. On 30 attempted throws, one-third of his attempts were classified as highly inaccurate, an unacceptable level.

Diving deeper made this appear even worse. Prescott attempted just 12 passes that went beyond 10 yards. 83 percent of them were badly thrown. And on short throws, the “gimmes” that should bolster statistics? Five of his nine passes between 0 and 10 yards weren’t accurate, even though he completed two of those five.

The Cowboys bounced back from that game against Houston to absolutely throttle the Jacksonville Jaguars, 40-7. Prescott only completed 183 yards but the overwhelming consensus is that he played much better than he did the week before.

Did he?

Prescott attempted 28 throws this week, and a higher percentage were highly inaccurate (35.7) than the previous week when Prescott attempted 30 throws and exactly one-third of them (10) were highly inaccurate.

Once again, on deep throws, passes that traveled more than 20 yards in the air, Prescott struggled. He was one of four, nailing the first throw for 27 yards to Gallup, but missing the final three. The last deep pass was almost intercepted by Jalen Ramsey where Prescott should’ve thrown short as the CB stayed on top of Hurns’ route, who didn’t track the ball at all

I am too lazy and short of time to read up, but how many were written during the 2016 season or after Cooper arrived???

Archived