Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

SJ in the off season:

"Yeah, you know at that position, it kind of is what it is," EVP Stephen Jones said Wednesday, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "You kind of, when the time comes, [expect to pay him]. I know Dak is going to have a good year this year. I hope it's up there. It's going to be as he deserves. He was a fourth-round pick. No one deserves to get paid fairly more than he does."

"We all see what some of the other guys are who aren't Aaron Rodgers, who aren't Matt Ryan [are getting paid]," Jones said. "He's going to do well. We certainly know that's going to happen. We've got that planned in our budgeting for the salary cap.

"I just want Dak to go out and be MVP this year of the NFL. That's what I want. Then, we'll deal with that."

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dak is a steal at his current price. He is a franchise killer at $17M+

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dak Prescott's base salary in 2018 is $630,000. That's only $30,000 more than Garoppolo's 2018 Workout Bonus of $600,000. 

Charles Tapper, and Chaz Green got paid more this year than Dak.

You can win a lot of games with Dak. He is a winner. He does more good than bad for us. 

I know nothing about football, but I’m guessing this is pretty good . . .

Jeff Sullivan @SullyBaldHead
Want to hear a crazy stat? The only QB in NFL history to win at least 30 games and throw 25 or fewer interceptions in their first three years is Dak Prescott. Like ever.

I’m starting to think there might be some really good and some pretty bad with Dak. But the good stuff really outweighs the bad stuff. By a lot. 

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Want to hear a crazy stat? The only QB in NFL history to win at least 30 games and throw 25 or fewer interceptions in their first three years is Dak Prescott. Like ever.

I’m starting to think there might be some really good and some pretty bad with Dak. But the good stuff really outweighs the bad stuff. By a lot. 

He needs to make decisions faster and throw the ball down field with better accuracy. He needs to stop holding the ball waiting for the receiver to get open. He needs to throw the player open, and he just doesn’t have those abilities.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Join the light already. those in the dark can not see.

5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Join the light already. those in the dark can not see.

There is both light and dark when it comes to Dak. He's not Aaron or Matt or Philip and he's not Quincy. If the trade off for overthrowing Gallup by 10 yds, or missing Jarwin on a crossing pattern or taking a unnecessary sack is no turnovers, clutch performances, managing the game and winning 2 out 3, I could give two ****s about the rest.. 

There is both light and dark when it comes to Dak. He's not Aaron or Matt or Philip and he's not Quincy. If the trade off for overthrowing Gallup by 10 yds, or missing Jarwin on a crossing pattern or taking a unnecessary sack is no turnovers, clutch performances, managing the game and winning 2 out 3, I could give two ****s about the rest.. 

With this defense, this RB, and this OL, how many other QBs could have managed 2 out of 3?

You don't think we could ask a vet QB to come in here and play patty cake dump off like Dak? But do it a smidge more accurately at a fraction of this impending contract?

Never said Dak didn't have issues. The Dark vs Light is more in reference to the constant "Doom and Gloom" outlook by our less than optimistic posters on here. (see I didn't say Haters) though... NVM

15 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

With this defense, this RB, and this OL, how many other QBs could have managed 2 out of 3?

You don't think we could ask a vet QB to come in here and play patty cake dump off like Dak? But do it a smidge more accurately at a fraction of this impending contract?

No mention of our world class coaching Staff?

Though I do want a "vet" to come in here and help/compete. Or even another "real" prospect in the draft. Meaning not a 6th RD long shot project.

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

No mention of our world class coaching Staff?

Though I do want a "vet" to come in here and help/compete. Or even another "real" prospect in the draft. Meaning not a 6th RD long shot project.

You're starting to come around.

giphy.gif

Archived