Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

See, I was kinda under the impression the team wanted to get a deal done with him in the off season:

"Yeah, you know at that position, it kind of is what it is," EVP Stephen Jones said Wednesday, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "You kind of, when the time comes, [expect to pay him]. I know Dak is going to have a good year this year. I hope it's up there. It's going to be as he deserves. He was a fourth-round pick. No one deserves to get paid fairly more than he does."

"We all see what some of the other guys are who aren't Aaron Rodgers, who aren't Matt Ryan [are getting paid]," Jones said. "He's going to do well. We certainly know that's going to happen. We've got that planned in our budgeting for the salary cap.

"I just want Dak to go out and be MVP this year of the NFL. That's what I want. Then, we'll deal with that."

That language leads me to believe they wanted to talk money at the end of this year.

I know man. I'm hoping someone over rules JJ. I rather they go they Redskins/Kirk Cousins route. If he shows improvement, franchise him and see if he is consistent. If NOT...let him go and see if there is a VET QB( ex: Derek Carr ) available for a trade or FA. 

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

The idea is that Flacco is much cheaper. If they are same price then sure

I hope all of you realize that Dak is Joe Flacco.  It’s the same scenario to a T.  Go back and look at Flacco’s record as a QB BEFORE got extended with a fat contract.  Look at the talent around him.  Flacco had an elite running game behind him, one of the best OLs in the NFL, a very competent receiving corp, and a great defense.  

That at all changed after Flacco got paid.  The Ravens lost piece after piece (not all Flacco’s fault BTW).  But here’s my point... with Flacco off the books next year and with a second year QB, the Ravens will be a better team with more options in FA than with Flacco.  Signing an average QB to a big contract did nothing but hurt the Ravens.

9 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I hope all of you realize that Dak is Joe Flacco.  It’s the same scenario to a T.  Go back and look at Flacco’s record as a QB BEFORE got extended with a fat contract.  Look at the talent around him.  Flacco had an elite running game behind him, one of the best OLs in the NFL, a very competent receiving corp, and a great defense.  

That at all changed after Flacco got paid.  The Ravens lost piece after piece (not all Flacco’s fault BTW).  But here’s my point... with Flacco off the books next year and with a second year QB, the Ravens will be a better team with more options in FA than with Flacco.  Signing an average QB to a big contract did nothing but hurt the Ravens.

Oh I realize

59 minutes ago, D82 said:

Dak is far more mobile than Flacco

Agree. And Flacco has a bigger arm. Both are inaccurate. Although I don't watch enough of Flacco to know if it's quite on Daks level, I just know their fans complain about it.

Flacco at 12-15$ > Dak at 25$ < Dak at 12-15$

58 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Agree. And Flacco has a bigger arm. Both are inaccurate. Although I don't watch enough of Flacco to know if it's quite on Daks level, I just know their fans complain about it.

Flacco at 12-15$ > Dak at 25$ < Dak at 12-15$

Flacco benefited most from OC's like Caldwell, Cameron, and Kubiak. Also helped him to have a reliable receiver (Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin for example) and a strong running game. 

If we can get someone like that to help Dak progress, I think we'd see a better performance.

I just like how every one just jumps on all these other players band wagon who had one good year 

if you want to play the money game where you constantly recycle to rookie QBs then fine but be prepared for what that leads you what 1 in 6 or 7 rookie QB actually turn into something That EQUALS what we saw from Dak his rookie year.  And Bridgewater had a good year in the right situation who knows what he does     It to me Los like all those NE qbs who filled in for Brafyband rocked it for a big contract elsewhere and tanked.   I am sorry I do not want a cousins Alex Smith etc. let’s keep Dak or draft a new guy

13 hours ago, quiller said:

I just like how every one just jumps on all these other players band wagon who had one good year 

if you want to play the money game where you constantly recycle to rookie QBs then fine but be prepared for what that leads you what 1 in 6 or 7 rookie QB actually turn into something That EQUALS what we saw from Dak his rookie year.  And Bridgewater had a good year in the right situation who knows what he does     It to me Los like all those NE qbs who filled in for Brafyband rocked it for a big contract elsewhere and tanked.   I am sorry I do not want a cousins Alex Smith etc. let’s keep Dak or draft a new guy

anyone but Dak is the new motto.

I get what everyone is saying about Prescott. But let me point out a few things, again:

1. He DID win the division 2 out of 3 years and just missed the playoffs last year due to the suspension.

2. Nick Foles win the SB last year After being named the starter for the Iggles, sucked, replaced, traded, couldn't win a starting job, ready to retire, traded back to Philly, then.....

3. Our OC does struggle with play calling. Perhaps it's not all Dak's fault.

I do get Dak has shortcomings with his game, but lets give him the chance to show what he has in the playoffs.

I don't think they can best Seattle, even with a better QB. The reasons I feel we will lose are more associated with how our defense will be exploited rather than our QB being inept.

But with that said, give the kid a chance to finish what he started.

He helped get us to the post season, lets see what he does.

31 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I get what everyone is saying about Prescott. But let me point out a few things, again:

1. He DID win the division 2 out of 3 years and just missed the playoffs last year due to the suspension.

Oh HE won the division except for the year another player got suspended? 

Archived