Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

To me key stats to consider one way or the other 

he has more comeback wins in NFL then any other QB since he has been in the NFL

first QB with two straight 20 plus passing TD and 5 Running TD he done it three in row

holds franchise record for consecutive completed passes

was sacked 50 plus times this year 

that is what a Dak is can win the game if given. A chance in 4th qtr. can complete the passes needed to move the chains and control the ball.  Does not make risky throws and Will take a sack a few times rather then risk a TO (I still feal sacks are more about the OL but yes a QBs does effect this as well).   Has a lot to still learn about reading defenses -blitzes and exotic coverages But is young enough to learn -makes a few mechanical mistakes butbagain is young enough to improve in this area also

And I got a Dak nugget for you too @plan9misfit.

That means that Brady and Rodgers had 7+ bad passes a game. And some people call Dak "the most inaccurate QB in the game" after he didnt even have 7 missed passes in a game. Obviously they threw more attempts, but this stat is percentage wise.

Do you guys remember who it was that mocked me when I said even the great QBs miss 5 passes a game? He should read this stat.

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And I got a Dak nugget for you too @plan9misfit.

That means that Brady and Rodgers had 7+ bad passes a game. And some people call Dak "the most inaccurate QB in the game" after he didnt even have 7 missed passes in a game. Obviously they threw more attempts, but this stat is percentage wise.

Do you guys remember who it was that mocked me when I said even the great QBs miss 5 passes a game? He should read this stat.

When you don’t throw down field, it’s easy to complete passes. Come on, Matts, be better than that. Rodgers and Brady attempt more throws downfield than Quincy, so their numbers will be lower. 

7 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

When you don’t throw down field, it’s easy to complete passes. Come on, Matts, be better than that. Rodgers and Brady attempt more throws downfield than Quincy, so their numbers will be lower. 

They are also long term vets...

Dak has one of the bottom 5 pass blocking OL in the NFL, bottom 5 TE and Bottom 5 WR groups** (pre cooper) and bottom 5 OC/QB coaches..... 

Do you think having terrible coaches, offensive line and pass catchers would hurt productivity as well?

**IIRC our WR group was the absolute worst in the NFL in getting open pre cooper. 

Just now, plan9misfit said:

And now we get the spin.  But I don’t know why your comparing to Quincy who was a run first  and last QB but what ever.   I imagine if we had the numbers Dak would be on the 14-18 th range on completion percentage for passes 20 yards down field  I saw the top eight or nine some where    I just don’t understand why it is too hard for some to acknowledge that Dak is around a top 12-14 QB in the league playing behind a very bad pass protecting OL and until we got Coop a rather Poor WR group and a real inexperienced TE group not a good receipt for success

Just now, Matts4313 said:

They are also long term vets...

Dak has one of the bottom 5 OL in the NFL, Bottom 5 TE and Bottom 5 WR groups (pre cooper) and bottom 5 OC/QB coachs..... 

Do you think having your coaches, offensive line and pass catchers would hurt productivity as well?

Of course. Mediocre coaching and the mediocre surrounding cast will impact a QB’s ability to perform.

1 minute ago, quiller said:

And now we get the spin.  But I don’t know why your comparing to Quincy who was a run first  and last QB but what ever.   I imagine if we had the numbers Dak would be on the 14-18 th range on completion percentage for passes 20 yards down field  I saw the top eight or nine some where    I just don’t understand why it is too hard for some to acknowledge that Dak is around a top 12-14 QB in the league playing behind a very bad pass protecting OL and until we got Coop a rather Poor WR group and a real inexperienced TE group not a good receipt for success

In this post, we act like dak didn’t replicate a poor 5 game performance that matched Quincy carter’s

3 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

In this post, we act like dak didn’t replicate a poor 5 game performance that matched Quincy carter’s

Because we have 48 games to base our judgement and only using 10% of that is stupid. 

Did you know that Dak has *the MOST* 100 QB rating games in the first 3 years of any QB ever in the history of the NFL? 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Because we have 48 games to base our judgement and only using 10% of that is stupid. 

Did you know that Dak has *the MOST* 100 QB rating games in the first 3 years of any QB ever in the history of the NFL? 

The 5 games happened this year! I don’t care what happened in 2016

jesus, you act this criticism is unwarranted 

‘I hope dak keeps last weeks success up. I really do

i would much rather be wrong and the cowboys win a sb or even a playoff game or two

but, I’m not confident in That happening. Even after daks clutch performance against a 5-10 team with nothing to play for 

30 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Dak is 23rd in completion percentage over 10 or 15 yards (can’t remember exactly)

‘either way, not good 

@Matts4313, this is my point. High completion throws don’t mean anything other than prove he doesn’t throw the ball downfield all that often. Again, cherry picking stats to show his “accuracy” is misleading.

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:
37 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Dak is 23rd in completion percentage over 10 or 15 yards (can’t remember exactly)

‘either way, not good 

@Matts4313, this is my point. High completion throws don’t mean anything other than prove he doesn’t throw the ball downfield all that often. Again, cherry picking stats to show his “accuracy” is misleading.

Well, first of all, maybe 5x10 can show a link proving this.

Secondly, that is also very indicative of the #28 pass blocking team and one of the worst pass catching units in the league. Even moreso when Dak was rated one of the highest in the NFL his rookie year. 

That said, we all recognize he has missed what seems like at least one deep shot every game, especially to Gallup. The point isnt to show he is amazing. The point is to show criticism is well overblown. 

Archived