Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I always enjoy how you love to come in with one line quips, but when I asked you an honest question you are unable to answer it. 

Your answer is in this thead, I’m not making this up 

and am at the gym in between sets, ain’t gonna look for it

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It is all highly interconnected and you know it. 

Guns (dont kill people), Bullets (have nothing to do with being psycho), Shooting (has nothing to do with a victim). 

Then how did the guy die?

What you just tried to do was silly. All of it is tied together. You cant segment out portions to justify other portions. 

Yes but if I have plastic tip bullets and you have hollow points, and I can't hit the target down range, is it because of my ammunition or do I just have accuracy issues? 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Yes but if I have plastic tip bullets and you have hollow points, and I can't hit the target down range, is it because of my ammunition or do I just have accuracy issues? 

It might be because 3 dudes are chasing you, one of them wrapped around your legs, your target is the smallest one at the range and your instructor sucks. 

Or you could just be inaccurate. I dont know, never seen you shoot. 

3 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

1st - I didnt question if it was true. I just asked for what games. 

2nd - You didnt really answer the expectation question.

3rd - Using passing yards alone ignores things like TDs/INTs/Rushing/comp %/etc.... Not really a complete picture right?

4th - only 2 of those games were this year. 

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So he is statistically responsible for sacking himself more than any other QB in the league?

Yeah you really got us there.

The point was to show you that the vast majority of his sacks are due to the OL. That our OL is trash. And trash OLs tend to hurt QB performance. 

You have also overblown the times he has "sacked himself" compared to his peers. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1st - I didnt question if it was true. I just asked for what games. 

2nd - You didnt really answer the expectation question.

3rd - Using passing yards alone ignores things like TDs/INTs/Rushing/comp %/etc.... Not really a complete picture right?

4th - only 2 of those games were this year. 

1. Told ya so

2. Again, better than Quincy 

3. It sure does and on its own, shows an inept passing game. Quincy cater esque 

4. Whoops, But still recent. And way more recent than 2016 stats people still use to defend dak

50 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The point was to show you that the vast majority of his sacks are due to the OL. That our OL is trash. And trash OLs tend to hurt QB performance. 

You have also overblown the times he has "sacked himself" compared to his peers. 

@Matts4313 question for you.

I do agree that Dak can win games for us.

But to your point when certain pieces around him arent clicking, he performs at a bottom 10 type QB.

So to my question. If we replace SL, our oline is healthy next year, we extend Cooper, draft a tight end high, re sign Beasley, and sign Zeke, while keeping our defense in tact, all to make sure Dak has everything he needs.

How do you pay Dak? What do you pay Dak? Because if you give him Cousins type money, you dont get to keep the oline, Zeke, Coop and the defense.

My biggest issue is paying Dak top QB money when he is more of a product of players around him performing, than him himself.

2 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

@Matts4313 question for you.

I do agree that Dak can win games for us.

But to your point when certain pieces around him arent clicking, he performs at a bottom 10 type QB.

So to my question. If we replace SL, our oline is healthy next year, we extend Cooper, draft a tight end high, re sign Beasley, and sign Zeke, while keeping our defense in tact, all to make sure Dak has everything he needs.

How do you pay Dak? What do you pay Dak? Because if you give him Cousins type money, you dont get to keep the oline, Zeke, Coop and the defense.

My biggest issue is paying Dak top QB money when he is more of a product of players around him performing, than him himself.

I think the most important player is Dak. He has the biggest impact on winning/losing. And what he needs most is his OL, not all those things you listed. Luckily the OL is already under contract. Almost every offensive player is for next year at least. Cole walks. He wants top slot money ($10m/year), which is insane. Id let Tavon take his spot for less than half that. Or draft one. Slot WRs seem to always fall in the draft. 

It would take some tough choices. 

But the people that we want to lock up, I would do it soon. There is going to be a lock out in a couple years. After that the cap is expected to jump tremendously. The rumors are a ~25% increase. So what might be top 10 contracts right now could be a bargain soon.

As a side note - I think fans are unable to break their emotional attachments. If Lawrence wants Mack money, he walks. If Zeke wants the $17m Bell is asking for, he walks. It was the right choice to not pay Murray. Its probably going to be the right choice to not pay Zeke. And we all knew that when we drafted him. 

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You keep repeating yourself. And you keep largely over attributing the bad plays to Dak. 

1. Every QB misses passes. Thats just a fact of football. So him missing a handful a game is *EXPECTED* and normal. 

2. Daks accuracy and taking sacks have a direct correlation to the fact that our OL has been garbage for now half of his career. 

3. Daks standing in the pocket too long/staring at a WR is a combination of his desire not to turn the ball over and the egregious route concepts our offense utilizes. 

4. Again, I acknowledge Dak his missed some guys. His ball placement needs to improve. 

5. Again, I acknowledge Dak needs to fix his footwork. That will fix a lot of his issues. 

6. Again, I state when Dak has a good OL, he is a borderline top 10 QB. Without one, he plays borderline bottom 10 due to it compounding his faults. 

7. Again, I will bring up that everyone from Romo to Witten to our opponents have stated that our offense is boring and predictable. Boring and predictable offenses are easier to defend. Which makes it harder on Dak. 

But what do Romo and Witten really know about Football??  Rolling Eyes

6 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Daks last 2 games against Seattle 

2018 - 19/34  168 yards. 1td. 2int

2017 - 21-34. 181 yards. 2 int

really hope cowboys lean on zeke and reduce daks passing attempts 

geezus, both games before Cooper. There is a ton of difference since Coop arrived. Plus there is NO correlation to future success or failure with games already past. Every game is different and My confidence and even more importantly, Dak's/Dallas' confidence is riding high right now. 

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

geezus, both games before Cooper. There is a ton of difference since Coop arrived. Plus there is NO correlation to future success or failure with games already past. Every game is different and My confidence and even more importantly, Dak's/Dallas' confidence is riding high right now. 

We've been held to 13 or less points in four of our five games against the Carroll-Wilson Seahawks, two out of the three that predated Dak. 2014 excluded, they have absolutely had our number.

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Everyone who is anyone agrees that Dak has accuracy issues. We watched Romo with the SAME OL, SAME OC/HC, SAME OWNER, SAME STADIUM, SAME WRs, and although he had his own issues they weren't the same as Daks. Which is accuracy(nothing to do with OL), footwork(nothing to do with WRs), and pocket presence(nothing to do with JG).

you aren't going to go far trying to convince people that the reason Dak is so inaccurate is because SL struggles to stick with the running game, and the reason Daks footwork is so notoriously poor is because Beasley can't create separation.

Cooper has been very good, But Romo has played with a prime Dez, a HOF Terrell Owens and most importantly one of the BEST TEs in football history, which has been replaced by a committee of Meh since. I was MORE than right, about what a Weapon/WR (Cooper) can do for Dak and our offense. X2 if Dallas ever gets a weapon at TE position as well.

I do also want to point out again that comparing Dak, a 3rd year QB, to a prime Romo isn't fair or accurate for comparisons sake. Would like to also make it clear that I do also think that Dak does need to improve his accuracy and "pocket awareness" etc... But his problems are so over blown by you guys that I do really think you guys are making your criticisms with your emotions and it is clouding your football logic..    

5 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

We've been held to 13 or less points in four of our five games against the Carroll-Wilson Seahawks, two out of the three that predated Dak. 2014 excluded, they have absolutely had our number.

Yes, but they also may have had the TOP or near TOP defenses then. They are not quite the same since. Either way you may end up right and Dallas may struggle again. But I just don't see it. Momentum, home field and current confidence all seem to be better for us now than in most games past. We will see on Sat, but I am feeling good and hopeful right now.

Archived