2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

I’m really taking a liking into Miles Boykin from Notre Dame. His skill set reminds me of Tyrone Calico, very smooth fluid & explosive & attacks the ball. Struggles wit press coverage & route tree is limited but I’m intrigued if he’s there in the 3rd round I want him. 

2 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Wouldn’t want us to touch a back in the 1st 3 rounds but I do like Josh Jacobs a lot 

TIFWIW with that bozo posting it. Only RB I’d take is Henderson. Have to remember Henry is a FA after this year so definitely have to possibly protect ourselves. Plus Henderson brings CJ2K flashbacks.

33 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

TIFWIW with that bozo posting it. Only RB I’d take is Henderson. Have to remember Henry is a FA after this year so definitely have to possibly protect ourselves. Plus Henderson brings CJ2K flashbacks.

I honestly think this is lewis' last year here. heard possible rumblings about him not being the biggest fan of DH's emergence late in the year.. if we cut him, we can use the same contract we signed him to ( 5 yrs 25 mil) to lock up henry as long as he doesn't have an MVP type year and prices himself out of town.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I love the backs possibly in the 2020 draft. That’s why I’m hesitant on taking one this year. Haven’t looked at Henderson’s film, I’m going to look at some now tho

14 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I love the backs possibly in the 2020 draft. That’s why I’m hesitant on taking one this year. Haven’t looked at Henderson’s film, I’m going to look at some now tho

You’ll love it. Obviously not 4.2 speed but he’s not far off. Plus he tends to run more N/S then CJ.

the more I try and get a feel for what/who we're gonna draft, I try and think back on drafts past. not really just Jrobs drafts either. I'm starting to think WR could really be in play early for us. now, this is my own way of breaking it down, but with this draft being so deep at oline/dline,and short on skill position players, so they say, I wouldn't be surprised if we went wr early. like in the 1st round. the whole "we need to go from good to great" mantra should be music to every titans fans ears, especially those of us that went through the mediocrity of the jeff fisher years. one thing that stuck out to me was the 08 draft when we took chris Johnson. totally different team and front office I know, but we already had a "steady" back in lendale white but the team wanted to get more dynamic and had "needs" elsewhere. when we picked CJ, it was met with a lot of side eye comments and most people said he could not run between the tackles, was nothing more than a scat back, and the only reason he went high was because of his combine, mainly his then record 40 yard dash of 4.24 seconds. the results? we went 13-3 his rookie year and had a 1 seed in the playoffs. sound like a wr in this years draft? My point is, if the line of thinking is to get better regardless of position, AND to maximize mariota, as of right now, my gut is telling me that we go offensive playmaker in the 1st round. obviously the defense is in much better shape than the offense. for us to make real noise, and win the superbowl, we gotta catch the offense up to the defenses level. continuing to yield a great D with a mediocre offense will have us residing in the 7-9- 9-7 range as you see with most teams with a good D and ok offense. Here's to DK Metcalf in the first. the way vrable and his staff like to coach guys up, I have no doubt, we can help Metcalf learn the position. if all he is in his 1st year is a deep ball threat, that's fine with me. we have more than enough guys to work the middle.

1 hour ago, Mariota615TN said:

Cody Ford not the worst pick in the world. But definitely not who I think we’re all interested in.... Christian Wilkins or Ed Oliver!

That's not bad, but not a sexy pick with similarly graded players likely available for a whole round.  Don't know the receiver, have a tough time imagining he's the best one available in the second round though.

Then just spending a third and fourth to help the front seven definitely feels like a band-aid on a bullet wound.

Here’s what I’m thinking:

It’s pretty clear JRob is in “win now” mode. We know Rookie WRs take at least 2 years to make a true impact — so I don’t think JRob goes here Rd 1. Regarding TE, it’s the same kind of developmental trend. So, really that leaves G, DL, and OLB. Taking a G in Rd 1 would be a safe move but I don’t think it’s the pick — just doesn’t feel right.

I just hope and pray we get a Defensive lineman that supplants Daquan and especially A Johnson — these guys really are garbage. I would actually rather see Sharif Finch playing snaps 1 and 2 and have Wake come in on 3rd down + draft a defensive lineman in the 1st Round VERSUS Daquan Jones and A Johnson rotating on the D Line (having zero impact) + drafting a OLB in the 1st round.

anybody else feel the same way?

Archived