2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

10 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

I think it is possible that our 1st rounder this year is kind of like last year with Rashaan --  didn't come in for a private visit, in order to not tip other teams off. The other rounds though, I think we stick to only private visits/private workouts as our selections. I still think Burns and Wilkins will be gone by #19, though, so at that point, I can sure as heck justify a SIMMONS pick.

This is why we needed last year. If we all noticed that we only ever drafted players we have on visits, the rest of league certainly did as well. Now JRob has created a bit of doubt and our draft plans are less predictable by other teams in the league.

2 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

I absolutely agree. Based it heavily off of who we’ve interacted with and shown the most interest in over the last few months. In an ideal world, I would take Wilkins or Burns in Round 1, but I actually think both will be gone by the time we pick at #19.

GUYS, I’m seriously worried that Rashan Gary is going to fall to #19, and we’re going to take him. I know he’s a physical freak, but man, I see BUST all over him. Anyone else worried about this? Gahhhh

I really hope that he doesn't fall in love with the traits of Gary.  Couple that with his rumored shoulder issue, I rather not. I'd go O-lineman before I take Gary. I just think we need to make sure we have a starter or playmaker with this pick.

Gary could be another Kevin Dodd, without the college production to make you feel somewhat better. 

24 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

This is why we needed last year. If we all noticed that we only ever drafted players we have on visits, the rest of league certainly did as well. Now JRob has created a bit of doubt and our draft plans are less predictable by other teams in the league.

Right. It was like 5-6 years straight (or more) that our 1st rounder came in for a visit.  He makes it more unpredictable. 

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I see JuJu  in N'Keal Harry.  If we can get him in round 2, I would be pleased. Not saying he my absolute target, but I'd take him without being disappointed. 

I love Harry I feel like he could sneak in at the end of the 1st. If he’s still there when we pick I’d sprint to the podium. After Harry I like JJAW. But if we go offense in the first I’m still on the Winovich train lol

10 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I love Harry I feel like he could sneak in at the end of the 1st. If he’s still there when we pick I’d sprint to the podium. After Harry I like JJAW. But if we go offense in the first I’m still on the Winovich train lol

I think because Harry wasn't a 4.3-4.4 guy he will be 2nd like JuJu was.  I see Metcalf, Hollywood Brown as the 1st round WRs with Paris Campbell, AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel as possible back-end 1st rounders.

Harry, JJ-A-Whiteside, Butler are the 2nd round WRs. 

3 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

NAH, not how Jrob wants production out of his draft picks. the guy has never produced and now reports are out that he has a slight shoulder tear that will require surgery at some point. I'm almost certain we wont pick him.

Yeah, I'd agree.  I can't find anything connecting the Titans to Gary at all, so I doubt he's the pick.  Personally, I think Gary would be great at 19, even though there's bust potential.  I mean, bust potential is the only reason he'd be obtainable at 19, and the ceiling is astronomical.  Not my preference, but a pick I'd be fine with.

3 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

I think simmons actually could be the pick. especially after reports are coming out that he could be back to play the last 8 games of the season.

Same.  Also, I know the rumor designated that Burns and Wilkins were the top targets, which means everyone else is beneath them in preference.  However, I also know the Titans were gaga over Simmons before the 2018 season started, so he's my bet for their No. 3 choice, and he's very likely to be available, even with a small trade back.  If I'm JRob, I trade back and try to get Bradbury in the early to mid 20s, but if he's gone, Simmons makes the most sense.

And I'll believe there's even a grain of truth to the Titans taking Lock when I see it.

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I'd agree.  I can't find anything connecting the Titans to Gary at all, so I doubt he's the pick.  Personally, I think Gary would be great at 19, even though there's bust potential.  I mean, bust potential is the only reason he'd be obtainable at 19, and the ceiling is astronomical.  Not my preference, but a pick I'd be fine with.

Same.  Also, I know the rumor designated that Burns and Wilkins were the top targets, which means everyone else is beneath them in preference.  However, I also know the Titans were gaga over Simmons before the 2018 season started, so he's my bet for their No. 3 choice, and he's very likely to be available, even with a small trade back.  If I'm JRob, I trade back and try to get Bradbury in the early to mid 20s, but if he's gone, Simmons makes the most sense.

And I'll believe there's even a grain of truth to the Titans taking Lock when I see it.

yeah, I cant remember where I read it, but I remember seeing that or hearing somebody saying that the Titans were hoping the "character issues" with simmons scared teams away so that he could drop. If that doesn't have "we want this guy" all over it, then idk what does.. I will try and find the source and post it to the thread.

more draft news for the boys

2019 NFL Draft Week - Wednesday Rumors

Updated April 24, 2019
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

The 2019 NFL Draft is just one day away! Here are some rumors I have heard from sources with the draft just hours away.

• Clemson defensive tackle Christian Wilkins is a virtual lock to go as a top-20 choice, with a number of teams picking in the top 16 having him in the running to be their first-round pick. Sources say that the Dolphins, Falcons, Panthers and Titans are all in on Wilkins for their first-round pick. The Titans are said to really want him, but it looks very unlikely he gets to their pick. Wilkins fits a lot of what the Falcons look for in players in terms of character and leadership, while he also possesses the versatility that is sought after in Miami's defensive scheme. Carolina could use a versatile defensive lineman as well, so Wilkins has a lot of potential landing spots in the top 16. If the Titans want to land Wilkins, they will probably have to trade up to get him.

• Sources with the Texans say that general manager Brian Gaine is likely to play it safe with his first-round pick, which is the first time he is selecting for organization. In free agency, Houston added some veterans to weak areas like the secondary and offensive line, but more work is needed for both position groups. Sources with the Texans say two offensive linemen who are top contenders for their first-round pick are Oklahoma tackle/guard Cody Ford and Boston College guard Chris Lindstrom. It sounds like the Texans are higher on Ford, who offers more position flexibility, and they feel he is a better fit in front of Deshaun Watson, as more mobility is necessary to protect the athletic quarterback and his tendency to hold on to the ball for a long time.

In the secondary, the Texans would want a corner in the mold of a young Johnathan Joseph who can run, move with suddenness, and cover longer downfield. They were tight lipped on which corners fit their parameters, but adding more talent to the secondary and offensive line seem to be top of mind for the Texans organization.

• A year ago, the Colts were one of the teams that was in dire need of a great draft class, and they hit a home run in 2018 with a loaded class which took them from last place to easily beating the division champion Texans in the first round of the playoffs. After two strong draft classes under general manager Chris Ballard and director of college scouting Morocco Brown, Indianapolis is able to target the best player available regardless of position.

The strength of the 2019 draft class is the defensive line, but it sounds like two potential defensive lineman who could go in the range of the Colts' pick aren't in play for them. In speaking with sources, it sounded unlikely Indianapolis would take Mississippi State defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons given that he may not play at all during his rookie season due to his ACL tear while training for the combine. Clemson nose tackle Dexter Lawrence also does not sound to be a candidate either. Lawrence has some limitations for a 4-3 defense and doesn't project well to contributing in the nickel. Adding to the defensive line is in play for Indianapolis, but it sounds like the organization is likely to pass on Simmons and Lawrence.

• Louisiana Tech defensive end Jaylon Ferguson is likely to go on the second day of the 2019 NFL Draft, but if he falls lower than expected, the reason will be some teams having makeup and character concerns about him. Sources from one team looking for edge-rush help on Day 2 of the 2019 NFL Draft said they planned on passing on Ferguson because they were not comfortable with his makeup. Ferguson's off-the-field issues could end up causing teams to pass on him when they otherwise would draft him given his body of work at Louisiana Tech.

• Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2019-NFL-Draft-Week---Wednesday-Rumors#ixzz5m1yd3w55

Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2019-NFL-Draft-Week---Wednesday-Rumors#ci3VmY4ZzioGVXJo.99

For the Hollywood Brown fan club

Teams Worried Marquise Brown's Injury Could Linger into Regular Season

Updated April 23, 2019
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

Oklahoma wide receiver Marquise "Hollywood" Brown has been on the bubble of the first round after a tremendous collegiate career that was dampened by a foot injury that restricted in him in his final games and caused him to miss the NFL Scouting Combine. Some team sources I spoke to told me that their medical reports suggest Brown's injury could linger into the regular season, forcing him to miss several games, which could perhaps mean that he would land on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list.

Brown sustained the foot injury late in the 2018 season and tried to play through it. In January, he had Lisfranc surgery and his representatives have said they expect Brown to be ready for training camp. However, not all teams agreed with that assessment, and there are some other complications with the injury that teams asked WalterFootball.com not to reveal but have them concerned.

The teams that are worried about Brown's injury are strong at wide receiver so it does not help them to get Brown to slide in the first or second round. It actually hurts them because the higher that Brown goes the better for pushing other players lower that could be selected by them.

Keep in mind that medical evaluations vary from team to team, and there are enough teams that are in love with Brown that he still has a good shot at being selected in the back half of the first round or early in the second frame of the 2019 NFL Draft. However, he could slide if there are more teams that are worried that his injury could linger into the regular season. It may worry them enough that he could begin the year on the PUP list, which would prompt a fall into Round 2.

Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Teams-Worried-Marquise-Brown's-Injury-Could-Linger-into-Regular-Season#ixzz5m1zEkhb9

Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Teams-Worried-Marquise-Brown's-Injury-Could-Linger-into-Regular-Season#uM7EoVjlEo4Jt8vY.99

Titans wanting Wilkins fits what "The Guy" said.  From my understanding he has the best mix of character, talent and work ethic among those they are interested in the 1st. If he was to get close enough I wouldn't rule out a trade up, but as Robinson said he doesn't exactly want to cut into his number of draft picks. And as good as Wilkins is, is he worth a trade up?

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

understanding

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Titans wanting Wilkins fits what "The Guy" said.  From my understanding he has the best mix of character, talent and work ethic among those they are interested in the 1st. If he was to get close enough I wouldn't rule out a trade up, but as Robinson said he doesn't exactly want to cut into his number of draft picks. And as good as Wilkins is, is he worth a trade up?

great point. I def think trading up is out of the question unless an elite guy falls and from the looks of it, that's not gonna happen. mainly because so many teams in front of us also have the same dline/edge needs. I refer back to the source that I posted a day ago that had hockenson, bradberry, McCoy, and fant as "second tier"  choices for our pick if our first tier guys are gone. I would think if that scernario plays out, he would trade back maybe to pick up an extra day 2 pick and pick whomever falls to him out of that second tier.

Archived