Better Player? Randy Moss or Marshall Faulk

mdonnelly21

34 members have voted

1. 1. Better Player

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Moss. Faulk isn't top 3 all-time at his position like Moss is.

Isn’t that irrelevant considering the diffference in elite top end quality at each  position?  The #2 WR ever could be equal to the #5 RB considering the group of guys.  In no order; Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, Adrian Peterson, Marshall Faulk, Ladainian Tomlinson, Earl Campbell, OJ etc...

13 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Isn’t that irrelevant considering the diffference in elite top end quality at each  position?  The #2 WR ever could be equal to the #5 RB considering the group of guys.  In no order; Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, Adrian Peterson, Marshall Faulk, Ladainian Tomlinson, Earl Campbell, OJ etc...

That's my list as well. Who would your 10th - 15th RB's be? 

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Not really. There’s not a good way to compare them against each other because they play different positions. You have to compare them to players at their position and see how they stack up. There’s no way to know if the #2 WR is equal to the #5 RB. 

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Chris Carter, and Larry Fitzgerald all stack up nicely to the names you just mentioned so the elite top end quality at the RB position over the WR position is more of a myth than anything.

More explosive and dynamic? Randy Moss without a doubt.

More consistent and somebody you can rely on every week? Marshall Faulk.

Hard to say who is better overall... totally different players and different positions. I would draft Prime Randy over Prime Faulk though.

10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Moss was a more transcendent WR than Faulk was as a RB.

I’m not sure if I agree with this because of how bad he was in Oakland. He had hall of fame production on the Vikings and Pats but didn’t produce much in Oak when he had no qb. 

3 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

I’m not sure if I agree with this because of how bad he was in Oakland. He had hall of fame production on the Vikings and Pats but didn’t produce much in Oak when he had no qb. 

I mean, one of those down years in Oakland was 60-1000-8...not going to hear me defend his effort, but two years doesn’t make a career. 

Hell, with Matt Cassel throwing him the ball he put up 69-1000-11. 

Plus, Faulk didn’t exactly have HOF caliber seasons every year either.

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Not really. There’s not a good way to compare them against each other because they play different positions. You have to compare them to players at their position and see how they stack up. There’s no way to know if the #2 WR is equal to the #5 RB. 

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Chris Carter, and Larry Fitzgerald all stack up nicely to the names you just mentioned so the elite top end quality at the RB position over the WR position is more of a myth than anything.

That’s sort of my point.  Why are other players being brought into it?  

The formula should be which player was better at their position not which player is ranked higher at their position.

Archived