General News Thread

.Buzz

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Shame we didn’t get 2 3s but honestly thats better than the comp picks we’d get and we arent winning now so no need to keep him

Tom Peliserro actually said this morning our ask was a 2nd and 4th.

Not bad to shoot for the stars I guess...

38 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I mean we should try but it won’t save the season

I like that they were looking around. But who?

Carr is a young talent. Eli would come at a price that would mortgage the future for the sake of a washed up quarterback. 

Not sure who else we'd be shopping for. 

7 minutes ago, MoJo122-b-21 said:

I like that they were looking around. But who?

Carr is a young talent. Eli would come at a price that would mortgage the future for the sake of a washed up quarterback. 

Not sure who else we'd be shopping for. 

It says in the report Fitzpatrick, Foles, etc.

Honestly it's not so much about them getting someone right now as its them showing signs of moving on. It seems obvious to us but to see them look at alternatives should mean this draft we go after someone.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It says in the report Fitzpatrick, Foles, etc.

Honestly it's not so much about them getting someone right now as its them showing signs of moving on. It seems obvious to us but to see them look at alternatives should mean this draft we go after someone.

The Jaguars ultimately didn't make a quarterback move, but Graziano mentions teams -- not specifically the Jaguars -- were inquiring about quarterbacks Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor, and Nick Foles.

Hard to know exactly who we were targeting. 

10 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I mean, I doubt Teddy and Fitzmagic hit the market and I doubt either Tyrod or Brock are upgrades. I can get grabbing Tyrod since he can manage the game more consistently, but eh. Josh McCown may be the best potential get, though I'm already triggered by the last time a McCown started for us.

Unless Brees announces his intent to retire, I think Teddy is out on the market. He wants to play, and sitting behind Brees for another year probably isn't exactly what he wants as a priority. The Saints will get a decent comp pick, so the pick lost for the trade wouldn't be that bad. Ultimately, they want him to be the QB to follow Brees, but if Brees wants another year, Teddy may try to get his career back on track sooner than that.

36 minutes ago, pwny said:

The Jaguars ultimately didn't make a quarterback move, but Graziano mentions teams -- not specifically the Jaguars -- were inquiring about quarterbacks Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor, and Nick Foles.

Hard to know exactly who we were targeting. 

Yeah, didn't mean we were asking about all, just that one or two of the names we probably looked at.

Either way, if this signals we're ready to move on (which I'd say it sort of does), that's a big thumbs up from me.

Here’s a hypothetical

With rollovers, the Browns are going to have ~$150 million in cap space. A few other teams are in that range.

Would you trade Blake + a pick to them to eat his guaranteed money the way they did with Osweiler?

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Here’s a hypothetical

With rollovers, the Browns are going to have ~$150 million in cap space. A few other teams are in that range.

Would you trade Blake + a pick to them to eat his guaranteed money the way they did with Osweiler?

Who is our starting QB if we do this?

Man, this Blake thing sucks.  I was kinda mad originally, and then i got less mad, and now i'm more mad again.  This **** sucks.

That offset deal in his contract...maybe there's a way to at least save $6.5M or whatever of that annoying bad money, without sending a pick to someone?  I really hate the idea of sending a draft pick away to fix something stupid they did with his contract.

I guess i'd think about it, just to be rid of that mess and free to spend whatever on the rest of our team and maybe keep more of it together.

Archived