General News Thread

.Buzz

14 hours ago, pwny said:

How has he done plenty well? He's missed on four of his five first round picks, including three selected in the top 5. He's been so bad at drafting that over half of our entire roster are players who were undrafted coming into the league, the most in the league by a significant margin. He has had five seasons to build a roster and we still have virtually no depth anywhere. Shatley and Fowler are legit the only two decent depth players on our entire roster after 5 seasons of building.

And his Free Agent gets are no better. He’s spent large sums of money on like 25 different players and something like 5 of them have had even positive value for more than one season - and about half of them all have been absolute dumpster fire acquisitions from the start.

And also - he would be the second GM in NFL history to survive missing on a QB. You really think he's worthy of being mentioned with Ozzie Newsome?

To answer the last part No. But there were plenty of other mid-rounders that he got that have panned out well. Yea the 1st rounders haven't been good. Sadly Fowler's injury could've played a part there

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

To answer the last part No. But there were plenty of other mid-rounders that he got that have panned out well. Yea the 1st rounders haven't been good. Sadly Fowler's injury could've played a part there

He’s had plenty of hits? I really don’t think he has, particularly to the point that he deserves to be given more time. 

I get that we just came out of the Gene Smith era, so we have absolute trash for reference, but he’s not doing well. He occasionally gets a hit, many of the hits he does, he gets higher tier players. But he doesn’t get anything but those handful of players. He bombs entire draft classes. And the most problematic part of that isn’t that he just misses on starters and finds some mediocre guys who can bolster depth, he drafts entire draft classes that don’t even belong on NFL rosters. 

We’re easily bottom 5 in the NFL when it comes to depth, and it’s so bad that an injury or two can completely collapse either side of the ball.

And the worst part of this - any time we find some depth, he gets rid of it because he’s apparently so dumb he doesn’t understand that things don’t always go to plan. We traded away Bowanko, we dismantled the WR group, and so forth.

We’re on track to miss the playoffs for the 5th time in his 6 years and the roster is crumbling under just average injuries. When is the staff that built this going to be held accountable?

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Theyre going to overcorrect and bring in Tyrod imo.

I mean, this wouldn't be great...but if they somehow didn't have to deal with Bortles contract dead money, Tyrod and a draft pick wouldn't be the worst thing either.

I don't really see who all these other available "stopgap" QBs are going to be.  There's like...Tyrod and Teddy.  Maybe someone like Eli becomes available, or Tannehill if they move on or something.  Maybe the Bengals finally move on from Dalton.  But it's not like the market is going to be flooded with even low-end starting caliber QBs.  Especially for us, with Bortles stupid money stuck on the books already sunk into being inadequate at the position.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, this wouldn't be great...but if they somehow didn't have to deal with Bortles contract dead money, Tyrod and a draft pick wouldn't be the worst thing either.

I don't really see who all these other available "stopgap" QBs are going to be.  There's like...Tyrod and Teddy.  Maybe someone like Eli becomes available, or Tannehill if they move on or something.  Maybe the Bengals finally move on from Dalton.  But it's not like the market is going to be flooded with even low-end starting caliber QBs.  Especially for us, with Bortles stupid money stuck on the books already sunk into being inadequate at the position.

Teddy, Tyrod, Fitzmagic, Josh McCown and Brock Osweiler is as far as it goes for guys set to be free agents. 

14 minutes ago, pwny said:

Teddy, Tyrod, Fitzmagic, Josh McCown and Brock Osweiler is as far as it goes for guys set to be free agents. 

I mean, I doubt Teddy and Fitzmagic hit the market and I doubt either Tyrod or Brock are upgrades. I can get grabbing Tyrod since he can manage the game more consistently, but eh. Josh McCown may be the best potential get, though I'm already triggered by the last time a McCown started for us.

Archived