Jump to content

General News Thread


.Buzz
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Good.  Cut Dede too tbh.  I said that at the draft.  idgaf what talent they're born with...if they're bad people, **** 'em.

lol so u want to cut the 1 good playmaker we have at wr that stays healthy.    

newsflash: everyone makes mistakes.  Dede served his punishment.  hunts serving his punishment and not crying about it and the guy apologized for it.  its no worse then letting any person play if they used PED's, weed, ect....   u cant just pick on 1 group of arrests/suspensions and say the rest is okay.  

Hunt deserves a 2nd chance since hes shown remorse for what hes done.  hes taking classes to help better himself.  theres 0 reason to not give a guy a 2nd chance. he screws up u cut him then.  thats the deal we have with dede. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

lol so u want to cut the 1 good playmaker we have at wr that stays healthy.    

newsflash: everyone makes mistakes.  Dede served his punishment.  hunts serving his punishment and not crying about it and the guy apologized for it.  its no worse then letting any person play if they used PED's, weed, ect....   u cant just pick on 1 group of arrests/suspensions and say the rest is okay.  

Hunt deserves a 2nd chance since hes shown remorse for what hes done.  hes taking classes to help better himself.  theres 0 reason to not give a guy a 2nd chance. he screws up u cut him then.  thats the deal we have with dede. 

Nah.  I don't buy this idea that he "deserves" anything other than maybe some ostracism at this point.

 

Sure, if he screws up again, you can always just cut him...but the fact you even have to think about that potential situation should tell you what you need to know.  It's not cool to just immediately gloss over that kind of incident and behavior just because he's taken a few "classes" and said he's sorry.  It's tantamount to condoning that sort of abuse, as long as you're talented enough.  It's like congratulating someone for selflessly cleaning up the roadside...when they're doing it as court ordered community service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Nah.  I don't buy this idea that he "deserves" anything other than maybe some ostracism at this point.

 

Sure, if he screws up again, you can always just cut him...but the fact you even have to think about that potential situation should tell you what you need to know.  It's not cool to just immediately gloss over that kind of incident and behavior just because he's taken a few "classes" and said he's sorry.  It's tantamount to condoning that sort of abuse, as long as you're talented enough.  It's like congratulating someone for selflessly cleaning up the roadside...when they're doing it as court ordered community service.

lets say u got arrested for a dui and your job fired u. do u deserve a 2nd chance at competitor? 

regardless hes still better then fatnette

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

So that's good news for us.  $11.6M is a healthy bit of rollover.  Gives us a bit more flexibility in making the cap work with whatever we end up doing.

Would makes going after a FA QB like Foles/Flacco/Tannehill a bit easier, with less deep cuts to make room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

 

So that's good news for us.  $11.6M is a healthy bit of rollover.  Gives us a bit more flexibility in making the cap work with whatever we end up doing.

Would makes going after a FA QB like Foles/Flacco/Tannehill a bit easier, with less deep cuts to make room.

im expecting each of those 3 to be traded for something.  im not sure i want any of that on this roster. rather use that cash to get us some offensive guys outside qb and just ride the Haskins/Murray trade and sign a nice vet like a McCown. we could even go with teddy if u want to to try a younger dude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

im expecting each of those 3 to be traded for something.  im not sure i want any of that on this roster. rather use that cash to get us some offensive guys outside qb and just ride the Haskins/Murray trade and sign a nice vet like a McCown. we could even go with teddy if u want to to try a younger dude.

Like...what offensive guys outside of QB?  There's approximately diddly squat when it comes to top-end WRs or TEs available.

Golden Tate is basically the "headliner" of this FA WR class, and he's going to have like a dozen teams with cap space to burn competing for his services.  Otherwise it's basically just a collection of more of the same, #3ish guys that we already have plenty of.

The TE class has a few "serviceable" #2ish guys, but not much else.  Eifert might be a legit weapon, for like 3 games a year or something.  These aren't real game-changing "weapons" though.  More filler on the rungs of the depth chart where we're already pretty full up, and/or could bring in comparable quality guys for much cheaper as rookies via the draft.

 

The OLine FA group doesn't look that strong either.  Gonna be hard pressed to find a quality starting RT, especially at any sort of number that isn't completely stupid...and we've already spent a load on our IOL with Linder and Norwell.

 

It just seems like a really bad year to be delving into that offensive FA class in any significant way.  With so little quality at the top, and so many teams with big offensive needs and a boatload of cap space to blow.

 

QB might weirdly be the strongest offensive position group in Free Agency this year.  You've probably got Flacco and Foles who are flawed, but also legit starters who come with Super Bowl Rings, plus Tannehill who isn't a long-term answer, but has become a pretty consistently serviceable starting QB when healthy.  Plus fringe starter options like Teddy and Tyrod who aren't going to win you games, but probably won't lose you too many either.

You've basically got 5 clear QB needy teams, and 5 options in Free Agency alone.  Toss in a few draft guys like Haskins/Lock/Jones, and probably Murray who are generating buzz as potential high pick starters...and it's hard to see how teams are going to have the leverage to garner much in trade for their veteran QBs on big contracts (or the Franchise tag).  Never underestimate the power of desperate GMs to do something stupid...but it doesn't seem like the GMs with vet potential FA QBs are in the power position here, to demand much in trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Like...what offensive guys outside of QB?  There's approximately diddly squat when it comes to top-end WRs or TEs available.

Golden Tate is basically the "headliner" of this FA WR class, and he's going to have like a dozen teams with cap space to burn competing for his services.  Otherwise it's basically just a collection of more of the same, #3ish guys that we already have plenty of.

The TE class has a few "serviceable" #2ish guys, but not much else.  Eifert might be a legit weapon, for like 3 games a year or something.  These aren't real game-changing "weapons" though.  More filler on the rungs of the depth chart where we're already pretty full up, and/or could bring in comparable quality guys for much cheaper as rookies via the draft.

 

The OLine FA group doesn't look that strong either.  Gonna be hard pressed to find a quality starting RT, especially at any sort of number that isn't completely stupid...and we've already spent a load on our IOL with Linder and Norwell.

 

It just seems like a really bad year to be delving into that offensive FA class in any significant way.  With so little quality at the top, and so many teams with big offensive needs and a boatload of cap space to blow.

 

QB might weirdly be the strongest offensive position group in Free Agency this year.  You've probably got Flacco and Foles who are flawed, but also legit starters who come with Super Bowl Rings, plus Tannehill who isn't a long-term answer, but has become a pretty consistently serviceable starting QB when healthy.  Plus fringe starter options like Teddy and Tyrod who aren't going to win you games, but probably won't lose you too many either.

You've basically got 5 clear QB needy teams, and 5 options in Free Agency alone.  Toss in a few draft guys like Haskins/Lock/Jones, and probably Murray who are generating buzz as potential high pick starters...and it's hard to see how teams are going to have the leverage to garner much in trade for their veteran QBs on big contracts (or the Franchise tag).  Never underestimate the power of desperate GMs to do something stupid...but it doesn't seem like the GMs with vet potential FA QBs are in the power position here, to demand much in trade.

Sign tyrell williams at wr and ty nsheke at ot.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

A ~40 catch middle of the depth chart receiver and a 33 year old career backup OT?  That's your "offensive weapons" to spend on?

 

Yuck.

tyrell has size and speed and is a pretty productive wr. 

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/tyrell-williams-scouting-report  they project him as a potential top 10 wr in the league so ill say he should be a shoe in for a top 30 wr.  its a better signing then resigning moncrief.  

Ty Nsheke had a late start to his NFL career and by late start i mean he was an AFL guy from 2009 to 2012 then he had a year in the nfl  but then went canadian football for a season then took a year off and then was stuck behind a good starting dou. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-10-under-the-radar-free-agents

Quote

If you’ve never heard of Nsehke, don’t worry. The 33-year-old has played all of 1,295 snaps in his entire career. After a crazy journey from Texas State University-San Marcos all the way to the NFL, Nsekhe got stuck backing up one of the best pair of bookend tackles in the league out in Washington. When he has seen the field though, he’s been a more than competent pass protector. He earned a 76.4 pass-blocking grade in 249 passing snaps this season between tackle and guard.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-top-50-nfl-free-agents-of-2019

he checks in on that list at number 47. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, Tugboat said:

 

So that's good news for us.  $11.6M is a healthy bit of rollover.  Gives us a bit more flexibility in making the cap work with whatever we end up doing.

Would makes going after a FA QB like Foles/Flacco/Tannehill a bit easier, with less deep cuts to make room.

Curious as to what the buzz is on a possible Flacco acquisition for the Jags. Is that something the fans want based on what's available or would y'all rather go with a cheaper option until your real heir to the throne comes via the draft? Would be a weird flex, but I think he could help do some damage in the AFC South.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...