Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4)

Ty21

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you change the difficulty on the game, do the effing Taskmaster challenges get easier?  They are driving me absolutely insane, and for the first time since Mario Kart 8 came out for the Wii U, I am violently swearing at a video game. 

I gave up completionist on the game because of those. 

Just now, skywindO2 said:

I gave up completionist on the game because of those. 

I don't know if I can do that.  I'm not a completionist for games like Uncharted or standard campaign games, but games like this?  When I played Witcher 3, I got every single thing in that game.  Spent hours sailing in my boat to be sure I get every.  single.  hidden.  loot.  location.  And I did that twice.  I literally spent two hours trying to get gold in a drone challenge last night, and what they are asking for is unfair to normal video game players like myself.  It's not even fair to Spider-Man. 

I think I should be able to complete the stealth challenges, and maybe the combat challenges if I figure out what the best way to do them is (combos, health, time), but those drone and bomb challenges are unacceptably difficult. 

@Jakuvious, @thrILL!, @kingseanjohn,

UY4kPRC.gif

They are a pain in the *** no doubt.  I remember feeling like I had the drone dead to rights multiple times only for it to slip away from my grasp.  Some of the drone challenges are set up that no matter how close you get, it doesn’t allow you to take them out until the last 5 seconds wherever it lands.  Just be patient.  Learn the paths.  Learn where the blue spheres are.   Learn alternate ways to follow.  You just have to repeat them until you get the rhythm down.  Some of them I did absolutely perfectly and still didn’t get the top tier!  

And you’ll still have to face Taskmaster one on one in combat eventually!

As far as stealth mission, repetition will help you figure out the order in taking guys out. You may get halfway or 90% of the way and if even one goon sees you, it’s a wrap.  But you’ll learn the best way to take them all out.  And it’ll be more fun doing the challenged when you do.  Perch attack where you have.  Knock them the $&@?! out where it lets you!

Edited by thrILL!

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't know if I can do that.  I'm not a completionist for games like Uncharted or standard campaign games, but games like this?  When I played Witcher 3, I got every single thing in that game.  Spent hours sailing in my boat to be sure I get every.  single.  hidden.  loot.  location.  And I did that twice.  I literally spent two hours trying to get gold in a drone challenge last night, and what they are asking for is unfair to normal video game players like myself.  It's not even fair to Spider-Man. 

I think I should be able to complete the stealth challenges, and maybe the combat challenges if I figure out what the best way to do them is (combos, health, time), but those drone and bomb challenges are unacceptably difficult. 

@Jakuvious, @thrILL!, @kingseanjohn,

UY4kPRC.gif

It's been a little while, but I know that I never got a gold on any of the drone challenges. I got gold on every stealth challenge and I think all of the combat challenges. Silvers on the bomb and drone challenges, and that was enough. It was never worth grinding the golds for those for me.

So it depends on what kind of completionist you are. I just wanted all the trophies, personally. So I just needed enough to buy all the skills and gadgets and suits and stuff. And the above was enough for that (and it's even easier now with all the DLC stuff.) If you're the kind of completionist that wants gold on every challenge type.....good luck. The consensus is that the drones are unbelievably brutal to perfect.

For the ones that I did perfect, really the important thing was just realizing all that matters that much is speed. Stealth missions you want to use zip take downs pretty much as often as possible. It's just a matter of finding what order to take them out in. In the tougher ones you can mix in some perch takedowns or some impact/tripmine webs, but I was basically just zipping around the area. Combat you basically just want to not get hit and take everyone out as fast as you can. Use all the cheesiest of gadget combos (suspension + web bomb, concussion + web bomb, use impact webs and tripmine webs as soon as they refill, basically, etc.) Bombs there's really no secret to. Mostly practice. I golded some but not all. Again though, if you go for/get the drone challenges, you're a better player than me.

• Like 1

I got hold on one of the drone challenges finally!  Got really close to gold on another drone challenge, so I'll probably be able to get that one, and I got gold on two bomb challenges.  I'm debating whether or not to get the DLC.  @Jakuvious, you said DLC content makes the drone challenges easier?

46 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

It's been a little while, but I know that I never got a gold on any of the drone challenges. I got gold on every stealth challenge and I think all of the combat challenges. Silvers on the bomb and drone challenges, and that was enough. It was never worth grinding the golds for those for me.

So it depends on what kind of completionist you are. I just wanted all the trophies, personally. So I just needed enough to buy all the skills and gadgets and suits and stuff. And the above was enough for that (and it's even easier now with all the DLC stuff.) If you're the kind of completionist that wants gold on every challenge type.....good luck. The consensus is that the drones are unbelievably brutal to perfect.

For the ones that I did perfect, really the important thing was just realizing all that matters that much is speed. Stealth missions you want to use zip take downs pretty much as often as possible. It's just a matter of finding what order to take them out in. In the tougher ones you can mix in some perch takedowns or some impact/tripmine webs, but I was basically just zipping around the area. Combat you basically just want to not get hit and take everyone out as fast as you can. Use all the cheesiest of gadget combos (suspension + web bomb, concussion + web bomb, use impact webs and tripmine webs as soon as they refill, basically, etc.) Bombs there's really no secret to. Mostly practice. I golded some but not all. Again though, if you go for/get the drone challenges, you're a better player than me.

I agree with this. I got gold on a few drone challenges but I've mostly given up on it. When doing them, DO NOT swing (R2). It slows you down and causes too much of an elevation change. I've done my best using only  L2+R2+X to launch through the blue orbs and X to zip between those spots.

@Outpost31

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I got hold on one of the drone challenges finally!  Got really close to gold on another drone challenge, so I'll probably be able to get that one, and I got gold on two bomb challenges.  I'm debating whether or not to get the DLC.  @Jakuvious, you said DLC content makes the drone challenges easier?

It doesn't make the challenges easier, it just adds more ways to get challenge tokens. So it won't help you gold the challenges you have, but it makes it easier to unlock stuff if that was your goal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I agree with this. I got gold on a few drone challenges but I've mostly given up on it. When doing them, DO NOT swing (R2). It slows you down and causes too much of an elevation change. I've done my best using only  L2+R2+X to launch through the blue orbs and X to zip between those spots.

@Outpost31

This might help me out a bunch.  Except the one I'm stuck on has a part with a really tall building and I feel like running up it takes forever.  How do I get up buildings faster?

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

It doesn't make the challenges easier, it just adds more ways to get challenge tokens. So it won't help you gold the challenges you have, but it makes it easier to unlock stuff if that was your goal.

I gotta get em.