17 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Steelers by 8+
    • Steelers by 1-7
    • Chiefs by 1-7
    • Chiefs by 8+
    • A TIE!!! hahahahaha

41 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Ben doesn’t really need to practice to play. This isn’t an indication of anything yet. 

True.  But its possible this elbow injury is more serious than they are letting on

Either way its interesting to hear Fichner say they are installing more RPOs to take advantage of Dobbs mobility.  I doubt the OC is putting together a gameplan specific to Dobbs if they were confident Big Ben would be ready to go this Sunday. 

5 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Ben doesn’t really need to practice to play. This isn’t an indication of anything yet. 

it depends on how you want/expect him to play. If  you can accept 3 or more TO's from ben, then I understand. He looks as though he needs all the reps possible to get better and all that talk of him saying he is more accurate than ever was hype until prove otherwise .

The game is a tough one, and I agree that it will be a shootout because Haden probably won't play and the chiefs OL is decent at pass pro. If we win the TO battle we win, but like 43M, I can't see much past the Jekyll and Hyde of the team currently. 

The chiefs could be scary on ST returns , so I would hope tomlin has the punter kick it out of bounds. 

I expect Connor to have a good day, maybe 3 TD's this time since we will score 35+ points in this shootout.   Of course VMac might take TD's away from Connor since he is playing for a change.

I expect 3+ turnovers from each team, we rattle Mahommes and If ben plays, he still needs reps. His september record in recent time is terrible as was his play last week. I'm not taking anything away from the browns D, but Ben was a disappointment last week overall.

Will Watt have another dominant game?  Will Dupree be rushed more than Watt (total waste IMO) ? I think Was could have a good game, and be a key in Mahommes having a bad day.

On 9/13/2018 at 9:26 AM, jebrick said:

Different QB for KC who can throw down field.  KC defense which has been historically good, is pretty bad.

Alex Smith lead the NFL in deep passing last year even if you take out Tyreke Hill’s production. That being said, Mahomes is a special talent, with special arm strength. The issue he has is accuracy. He was 55.6% last Sunday and I think that’s going to be the norm for a few years. I think the key to stopping him is to play 2 deep safeties and tight coverage underneath and make him beat you by throwing shorter passes into tighter windows all game and obviously tackling Tyreke Hill is a key, easier said than done.

Also, Ben needs to get his act together his bad turnovers over the last 3 or 4 years have been a problem and have cost the team a few games they should’ve won. There’s no reason why Ben can’t take care of the ball better and be a single int a year guy instead of throwing ints in the mid teens most years. The Steelers should’ve beat the Browns.

Hot take:

I almost rather Dobbs play this week.  I think the offense would be far more conservative and move the ball a little easier.  Taking a bad defense and making them defend the RPO can really put them in the shredder.  Then it forces Big Red to get impatient and push the issue.

Underrated quote of the week:

Randy Fitchner apologized for the lack of carry distribution and said it was a rookie mistake, and said something they talked about was better distribution of the RB workload.

I'll believe it when I see it, but seemed as though he was sincere.

18 hours ago, VanS said:

The fact nobody has signed him should let you know exactly what the rest of the league thinks of him.

Nice guy but he's not even a good backup QB.

Well, it shows that the rest of the league already has a backup they are comfortable with going forward.  

I don't know if he's a nice guy, but he IS a competent backup that can win games.  Hope I don't have to come back and say I told you so if Dobbs doesn't look good when he starts.  

51 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Well, it shows that the rest of the league already has a backup they are comfortable with going forward.  

I don't know if he's a nice guy, but he IS a competent backup that can win games.  Hope I don't have to come back and say I told you so if Dobbs doesn't look good when he starts.  

Bingo. They better put in more RPO and some zone read for Dobbs, I think that’s the only way he successful.

Granted this is before the game but I'm less intimidated by an Offensive-minded Chiefs team then I ever was by those great Defensive-minded teams. With that said, this Chiefs team has the potential to be very explosive Offensively but I like it when the Steelers have to play catch up. That's when they seem to be at their best. 

Dorothy, we're not in Kansas City anymore.  (Oh, what could have been if she wasn't such a gold-digger.)

Tin Man, time to knock the rust off, oil those joints and swing your axe with precision.

Scarecrow, put the fear of God into them.

Lion, show courage on your way to 200.

Toto, bite their ankles on ST and lead the way down the Yellow Brick Road.

2niso6p.png

We're off to notch a winner with the Wonderful Wizard of Boz!

Archived