Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Put my vote with nabbs. I too disagree with Kilty. 

Just bringing numbers/stats to a feeling fight, I never stood a chance 

Yes Saints are at their best most likely when Brees is in, but he’s not being asked to do a ton and his weapons are helping him. It’s in the stats and on the tape.

He’s a Hall of Famer and I like the guy well enough. But think it’s more of a political decision than a football one if you give him the MVP.

an award I don’t really care about but it’s a matter of principle. I hate how it’s so weighted to QBs and storylines. Brees winning might be one of the more egregious examples if he gets it.

30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Just bringing numbers/stats to a feeling fight, I never stood a chance 

Yes Saints are at their best most likely when Brees is in, but he’s not being asked to do a ton and his weapons are helping him. It’s in the stats and on the tape.

He’s a Hall of Famer and I like the guy well enough. But think it’s more of a political decision than a football one if you give him the MVP.

an award I don’t really care about but it’s a matter of principle. I hate how it’s so weighted to QBs and storylines. Brees winning might be one of the more egregious examples if he gets it.

The single most important factor in teams winning is how *efficient* their QB is. Not bulk stats.  Not total yards, total TDs. 

Brees is having the most efficient season in the history of the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The single most important factor in teams winning is how *efficient* their QB is. Not bulk stats.  Not total yards, total TDs. 

Brees is having the most efficient season in the history of the NFL. 

strongly helped by scheme and personal decision to not risk losing that. I haven't been talking about yards and tuddies.

talking about the distance of completions, attempts...where the throws are compared to the first down markers...how tight the windows he is throwing into

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

strongly helped by scheme and personal decision to not risk losing that. I haven't been talking about yards and tuddies.

talking about the distance of completions, attempts...where the throws are compared to the first down markers...how tight the windows he is throwing into

You cant balk at what he is doing just because his coaches/teammates. He is the one reading and executing the plays at a level never seen before. He is just as much, if not way more, instrumental in whats happening. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You cant balk at what he is doing just because his coaches/teammates. He is the one reading and executing the plays at a level never seen before. He is just as much, if not way more, instrumental in whats happening. 

His time to throw it the fastest in the league, the throw distance pet is one of he shortest in the league, it all points to scheme. I’m not saying he’s garbage, he’s having a good year. 

I think the fact that they are doing this well and at the top of the league for back to back years for the first time since the start of the decade also points to the supporting cast big a large or larger part of the reason. I mean you can boil it down to just Alvin Kamara...he’s inflated Drew’s numbers, by himself, considerably.

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ill put it another way. We have seen better supporting cast. We have seen better HC. Weve never seen a more efficient season. 

Supporting cast, for sure. A better playcaller/offense creator? Yea probably, but Sean Payton is one of the better ones there’s been....maybe it’s because it’s the easiest time in history to be an offense (unless you’re the Eagles apparently)

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

NFC E if were being honest. We are all terrible together. 

Yuuuup, the best one right now could be Eli dump offs to the two best RB/WRs in the division 

heres to hoping the keep winning meaningless games and lose out on the Oregon kid at QB.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yuuuup, the best one right now could be Eli dump offs to the two best RB/WRs in the division 

heres to hoping the keep winning meaningless games and lose out on the Oregon kid at QB.

You give the Giants 2 good OL and a QB and the rest of us might as well just bend over. No lube. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You give the Giants 2 good OL and a QB and the rest of us might as well just bend over. No lube. 

Just gotta get ready for shootouts. 

Eagles need like two yac/rac guys 

i think the Cowboys going run based/strong D will help control the pace of those games.

skins going small ball with Alex Smith won’t age well