Browns cut Josh Gordon

ACO

Just now, Forge said:

I think game changing is pretty substantial, and I don't think Gordon is that. I think he's a nice piece. I  actually don't think it is as big of a deal as the Cooks acquisition was last year, and that didn't end up being a major game changer last year to me. 

Cooks a safer bet, but Gordon higher upside - is how I see this. I can see him going off just as much as I can see him being cut after 2 weeks for something extra curricular. Cooks definitely left a foot print, we became less of a quick-fire offense to one that had Brady hold on to the ball longer than he has since 07. Arguable whether this was a good thing or not.

Just now, Forge said:

Obviously he will help. Do I think it greatly changes anything in the grand scheme of things with how I view the patriots? Not really. I don't view them as any more or less of a super bowl / playoff favorite. 

Nah, same. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

That is a very generous trade for us. They must have wanted him gone. Not much risk in terms of capital (obv a high risk in terms of the player).

Time was a factor too.  They had to have the paperwork to release him submitted by a specific time today or else he still counted as a member of their active roster this week and would be owed a paycheck.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Time was a factor too.  They had to have the paperwork to release him submitted by a specific time today or else he still counted as a member of their active roster this week and would be owed a paycheck.

Good point. We profit from a bit of luck then, too. I'm sure there must have been other offers though.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

How come they can do this right but not AJ McCarron for a 2nd round pick?

8 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Addicted to marijuana?!?!? Boo this man!!!

I'd have to track it down, but pretty sure there's an interview where Gordon himself admitted he struggles with dependence on something over 40 different substances.

Archived