Week 3 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, AntoekneeoTheGreat said:

Just a sick feeling. As soon as he went down it did not look good. It's going to be another long season. First the Giants go "all in" with their off-season moves only to finish have a horrible season and now this. Cal football and the Warriors will keep me sane. 

True. The other day I was conflicted on dedicating time to 49ers or Warriors more this year, but now I know the answer. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Yeah, but he's "tough as nails". :) 

Always bad when that is the main compliment levied at a quarterback. But who knows. Maybe what we saw in the preseason was a mirage and he'll look much better during the regular season.

And if not, maybe Mullens gets a chance to get in there. If nothing else, that would be fun.

Just now, Forge said:

Always bad when that is the main compliment levied at a quarterback. But who knows. Maybe what we saw in the preseason was a mirage and he'll look much better during the regular season.

And if not, maybe Mullens gets a chance to get in there. If nothing else, that would be fun.

I think CJ is going to suck badly. Whatever. That's something I'd rather have happen with next year's edge class. 

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

There’s no reason to trade for anyone at this point. Force guys to play in the fire and get better or gtfo. Time for everyone to step up if they want to win another game. Jimmy wasn’t perfect this year but he was easily the best option we’ve had QB since early Kap years. This is a massive gut bunch to the whole orginzation and fan base. This is the worst case scenario. A wasted year.  

Jimmy had aa rough game against Minnesota, a better game vs Detroit, and looked good before the injury this week.  Better than he was getting credit for definitely.

You could see they just packed it in when he went down.

2 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Jimmy had aa rough game against Minnesota, a better game vs Detroit, and looked good before the injury this week.  Better than he was getting credit for definitely.

You could see they just packed it in when he went down.

I don't think it was the injury there...I think it was the horrific OPI call.

I think the team would have still went after it had that touchdown counted.

I missed the second half of the game, but did Breida come back or do they know what happened to his knee/leg? 

Sucks about the injury to Jimmy, I was following on my phone and it looked like we were slowly coming together on offense and holding them on defense. 

Meh, I guess Nick Bosa is now something we can hope/wish for! 

Just now, StevenK said:

I missed the second half of the game, but did Breida come back or do they know what happened to his knee/leg? 

Sucks about the injury to Jimmy, I was following on my phone and it looked like we were slowly coming together on offense and holding them on defense. 

Meh, I guess Nick Bosa is now something we can hope/wish for! 

He came back. Played very well. Ripped off a couple of very nice runs. He and Morris split snaps down the stretch - want to say that Morris got more overall in the second half.

Jimmy still took 4 sacks. Another positive is that he won't take a major beating this year. He was taking sacks like crazy. He's going to lose game experience though, and when he comes back he'll be 27 going on 28 having started only a few games. 

Wouldn't mind if we used all our draft picks/free agency resources on offensive line and edge rush next year. 

Archived