Week 3 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

We sign Kaep??

Not happening. Mullens and Beathard are both Shanny guys. It would take weeks for any new quarterback to learn the system. Will we try some out? I have no doubt, but I think the immediate plan would be those two. By the time anyone we brought in could learn the system, we are likely 1-6 and well out of contention.

11 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Honest question, how many more games will you watch this season now? It's 4:30am here, and I'm thinking I'll probably just get more sleep this year. 

Every play of every game. I’ve only missed one game since 2003 when the Niners started sucking pretty regularly. I’m a glutton for punishment. 

Just now, Geek said:

Nick Foles?

Again, why? We are short on draft capital as is (no 5th, no 7th), the cost is astronomical (the Eagles turned down the 35th overall pick in the draft earlier this off season) for a team that likely wasn't playoff bound anyway. By the time he learns the system and can play, we are well out of contention. Why are we paying for a placeholder. At least this gives you a chance to evaluate Beathard and whether you want to give him competition next year.

13 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Honest question, how many more games will you watch this season now? It's 4:30am here, and I'm thinking I'll probably just get more sleep this year. 

I watched every single game when Tim Rattay was our QB.  I'ma fan, good or bad. I'm going to always watch, hope for the best. My prediction for 9-7 just went out the window though. But I hold out hope that Beat Hard wont be as bad as most think. He threw nice dime to Kittle there. He just really needs to work on speeding up his mental clock inside the pocket. That is his biggest hinderance as a NFL QB.

There’s no reason to trade for anyone at this point. Force guys to play in the fire and get better or gtfo. Time for everyone to step up if they want to win another game. Jimmy wasn’t perfect this year but he was easily the best option we’ve had QB since early Kap years. This is a massive gut bunch to the whole orginzation and fan base. This is the worst case scenario. A wasted year.  

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I watched every single game when Tim Rattay was our QB.  I'ma fan, good or bad. I'm going to always watch, hope for the best. My prediction for 9-7 just went out the window though. But I hold out hope that Beat Hard wont be as bad as most think. He threw nice dime to Kittle there. He just really needs to work on speeding up his mental clock inside the pocket. That is his biggest hinderance as a NFL QB.

I mean, well that and he's not particularly accurate and has velocity inconsistencies when actually throwing the football.

1 minute ago, John232 said:

There’s no reason to trade for anyone at this point. Force guys to play in the fire and get better or gtfo. Time for everyone to step up if they want to win another game. Jimmy wasn’t perfect this year but he was easily the best option we’ve had QB since early Kap years. This is a massive gut bunch to the whole orginzation and fan base. This is the worst case scenario. A wasted year.  

Agree with this.

Archived