Week 3 GDT - Titans @ Jaguars

FutureIsWhite

14 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Someone mentioned he doesn’t know the play book & his IQ have been questioned so I ran wit it. I know Tajae gets a lot of Snap’s & evidently the coaching staff know some more than we know ??‍♂️

Sharpe’s snaps have decreased and Taywan’s have increased so far this year.

41 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

So you're choosing to debate with people and your supporting facts are literally nothing but someone else's speculation????...... That won't end in a lot of winning disagreements for you here.

The coaching staff gave Taylor 32 snaps last week and Sharpe 24. Apparently we know something that they know and you just don't get it. Facts.

We also know he's been targeted 6 times to the tune of 2 catches and 31 yards throughout 3 games. He has as many drops as he does catches this season. Facts.

In Mariota's best year as a passer with literally no other established targets on the team to take away his touches he managed 41 catches... and the thing is, the majority of them were in the first half of the season. In his last eight games that season? 15 catches. In his last four games? 5 catches. He's so bad that we started going away from using him with literally no one else but Matthews on the team.  Facts.

I dunno if Taylor is going to be a great player, but he's a hell of a lot better than Sharpe. Facts.

Pretty much this. I think Taywan is still getting a bad rap from last years coaching staff. He made some rookie mistakes yeah and maybe he didn’t know the playbook as well as the coaching staff liked...or maybe the coaching staff used that as an excuse to keep him off the field to continue trotting out 3 tight end sets like dumb *****. Who knows? But that was last year and is irrelevant. As far as this year, outside of not catching that touchdown in Miami, he’s played well and in fact had a crucial 3rd down conversion yesterday with Ramsey covering him. I haven’t seen any mental errors or any reason to label him a, “dumbass” and there is definitely no evidence to support he doesn’t know the playbook or can’t grasp the offense.

Mike Mularkey ripped on all the receivers after every game to the point where Matthews voiced his disappointment with him on Twitter. He basically blamed everything on the offense on the WRs instead of he and Robiskie's **** scheme and they fact that the man they tried to game plan the ball to was Eric Decker.

53 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Pretty much this. I think Taywan is still getting a bad rap from last years coaching staff. He made some rookie mistakes yeah and maybe he didn’t know the playbook as well as the coaching staff liked...or maybe the coaching staff used that as an excuse to keep him off the field to continue trotting out 3 tight end sets like dumb *****. Who knows? But that was last year and is irrelevant. As far as this year, outside of not catching that touchdown in Miami, he’s played well and in fact had a crucial 3rd down conversion yesterday with Ramsey covering him. I haven’t seen any mental errors or any reason to label him a, “dumbass” and there is definitely no evidence to support he doesn’t know the playbook or can’t grasp the offense.

Vrabel just said a week or two ago they're limiting him because of how much he can handle. Given he has no injury and does have history of failure to grasp playbooks, and the only thing he's being allowed/asked to run is pretty much screens, crossers and go routes, I would say that statement pretty heavily hints towards he doesn't understand the playbook.

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Vrabel just said a week or two ago they're limiting him because of how much he can handle. Given he has no injury and does have history of failure to grasp playbooks, and the only thing he's being allowed/asked to run is pretty much screens, crossers and go routes, I would say that statement pretty heavily hints towards he doesn't understand the playbook.

His snaps have gone from 13% in week 1, to 41% in week 2, to 52% in week 3. I think the stats prove he at the very least has come around to grasping it over the last couple weeks. 

45 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

EXCELLENT break down of Mariota, Taywan, and Jonnu in this article. Highly recommend the read for those of you interested in seeing the game broken down. Vrabels got these boys playing some sound football.

The thing that jumped out to me was that 123 of 139 Henry’s yards have been after contact this season. (PFF stats)

Archived