2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Reading into things way too early; they're after Oline and RBs.

Peter Bukowski
‏Verified account @Peter_Bukowski
11s11 seconds ago

The players the Packers met with so far in Indy that we know of:

Juwaan Taylor OT/G
Dalton Risner OT/G
Chuma Edoga OT
Max Scharping OT
Nate Davis T/G
Hjalte Froholdt iOL
Alec Ingold FB
Bryce Love RB
Josh Jacobs RB
Darrell Henderson RB

Myles Gaskin RB

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Then don't.  Not every question needs your answer.  Not trying to be a smart ***, but you're a moderator, not an oracle.

BTW, Rodney Anderson is not the best RB in the draft.  You have to be able to be on the field for that title and he's hurt more than Aaron Jones.  This draft has no 'best RB', I hope we don't spend a pick before the 4th round on one.

A question was posed, and I answered it.  I wasn't trying to be an oracle.  He wanted an explanation as to why I responded the way I did.  Would I do that deal?  No.  Doesn't change the fact that I don't think Bosa is going to be on the board at 3.  It's a toss-up if he's going to be on the board at 2, let alone 3.

Fair enough.  I think Anderson is the most talented of the backs, but like I mentioned his medicals are a red flag.

I watched Anderson.  Really liked him.  With his injury history, though, he may go undrafted.  I like the Penn State kid, Gaskin.  Nice all around game.  Very much agree, though, I wouldn't take a RB until round 4 at the earliest.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I watched Anderson.  Really liked him.  With his injury history, though, he may go undrafted.  I like the Penn State kid, Gaskin.  Nice all around game.  Very much agree, though, I wouldn't take a RB until round 4 at the earliest.

Really liked what I saw from Elijah Holyfield, but that 40 yard dash was really, really bad.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Really liked what I saw from Elijah Holyfield, but that 40 yard dash was really, really bad.

I loved the power that Holyfield ran with.  And to be fair, he reminded me of Jamal Williams.   While I'd like to get better than Williams as the #2, I'd still take a flier on Holyfield in the 6'th.  Dude can run.

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:
26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I loved the power that Holyfield ran with.  And to be fair, he reminded me of Jamal Williams.   While I'd like to get better than Williams as the #2, I'd still take a flier on Holyfield in the 6'th.  Dude can run a 4.76 40.

ftfy

Pertaining to last year's draft, Gutekunst talked about trying to trade up prior to moving the #14 pick.  Here's the quote: “Even in last year’s draft, I was trying to move up until probably pick 10, 11 or something like that, for a first-round guy".  Fitzpatrick is the only player, in that range, that would make sense, right?

Also, from his quotes, it sounds like the Packers wouldn't consider moving down from 12 unless they got a tremendous offer.  Here's the whole article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/46871/packers-can-achieve-quick-fix-if-gm-hits-in-draft-free-agency

Ross Uglem
‏ @RossUglem
47s47 seconds ago

#TexasAM TE Jace Sternberger tells me he’ll meet with the #Packers tonight.

Zach Heilprin
‏ @ZachHeilprin
29s29 seconds ago

Iowa TE Noah Fant will meet with the #Packers tonight.

Between Them and Irv Smith:

Image result for noice gif

17 minutes ago, subway87 said:

Pertaining to last year's draft, Gutekunst talked about trying to trade up prior to moving the #14 pick.  Here's the quote: “Even in last year’s draft, I was trying to move up until probably pick 10, 11 or something like that, for a first-round guy".  Fitzpatrick is the only player, in that range, that would make sense, right?

Also, from his quotes, it sounds like the Packers wouldn't consider moving down from 12 unless they got a tremendous offer.  Here's the whole article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/46871/packers-can-achieve-quick-fix-if-gm-hits-in-draft-free-agency

I mean, that's probably true, but what else is he going to say? That he wants to give away 12?

50 minutes ago, subway87 said:

Presumably that person would have been Minkah Fitzpatrick since McGlinchey went 9th and Rosen went 10th.  The Raiders gave up a 3rd round pick (79th) and 5th (152nd) to move up from 15 to 10, so it stands to reason that Gute's offer came up short of that package.  My guess if they were offering their 4th to make that move up the board.  That doesn't really come off across as someone whose trying to make an aggressive move up.  And moving down really doesn't make sense unless you're making up a significant value there.  It's basically Gute's way of saying that if you want our pick, make us an offer we can't refuse.  I wouldn't read too much into it.

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I mean, that's probably true, but what else is he going to say? That he wants to give away 12?

That's definitely fair.  The other quotes in the article (which I didn't include) make it seem as though he believes there will be a player at 12 that would be too good to pass up unless they're blown away, like last year.  It could certainly be GM speak and I might be inferring too much from his comments, but I thought it was interesting that he'd say something like this at this juncture of the evaluation process.  Maybe I was expecting more of the "We're excited about the draft capital we have and the ability to add impact players.  With this many picks, it'll allow us to move up and down to find the best players and best value to add to the quality of our football team" type quotes.  After enduring years of TT's press conferences, this, if nothing else, is a welcomed change.

5 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Whoa there, Nelly. Polite was 258. The only big name to crack 270 was Gary.

Internet sarcasm is hard to do.  

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

258 pounds...that's some really interesting rounding there. ;)

YOu are so close.  Just keep peppering @Packerraymond to have some fun.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Presumably that person would have been Minkah Fitzpatrick since McGlinchey went 9th and Rosen went 10th.  The Raiders gave up a 3rd round pick (79th) and 5th (152nd) to move up from 15 to 10, so it stands to reason that Gute's offer came up short of that package.  My guess if they were offering their 4th to make that move up the board.  That doesn't really come off across as someone whose trying to make an aggressive move up.  And moving down really doesn't make sense unless you're making up a significant value there.  It's basically Gute's way of saying that if you want our pick, make us an offer we can't refuse.  I wouldn't read too much into it.

You’re making a guess into what gutey was offering in order to make a conclusion ? Not good logic.

Archived