2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

8 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

We're talking about a handful of pounds for Burns here. He could've been light for any number of undisclosed reasons. 

If as a GM you aren't confident that your S&C team can keep a guy with THAT frame at 255--that's a real problem in my eyes. 

Burns isn't short and he doesn't have raptor arms... There really shouldn't be that much of an issue when you consider the rumored level of work ethic and passion for football. 

Weren't you skeptical about Burns even maintaining the 250 once the season started? Or was the entire post sarcasm...

On 4/13/2019 at 9:21 PM, Cadmus said:

I'd be wary, I've heard through the grapevine he will be an old 21. A regular Danny Almonte. 

I've been told by reliable sources that his body is--in fact-- completely done maturing and he will not be able to successfully maintain any additional weight above 100 kilograms (~220 lbs you monsters) because that contradicts basic human physiology.

Furthermore, there's no way he'll be able to keep that 20lbs of water weight on beyond Week 2 of an NFL season. Burns will be playing CB before the end of the season. Marketdown.  

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Weren't you skeptical about Burns even maintaining the 250 once the season started? Or was the entire post sarcasm...

I didn't think I needed to write that sentence in GREEN? Thought the sarcasm was obvious with the Danny Almonte reference.

Burns was the 1st selection in my one AND only mock so far. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Not trying to point fingers, I'm genuinely curious because in theory I'd love Burns on this team, but if he can't keep himself at least at 250 that is problematic...

lol I feel you. Just trying to lighten the mood a bit. 

Seeing a lot of nervous energy coming across in some of the posts.

4 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I didn't think I needed to write that sentence in GREEN? Thought the sarcasm was obvious with the Danny Almonte reference.

Burns was the 1st selection in my one AND only mock so far. 

That part was, hence the "entire post" comment. I asked because I have seen plenty of skeptics saying they think he's "maxed out" physically even at 21, which seems counter-intuitive but who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I was just kiddin' boss man. Having a little fun over here. Apparently all of it.

Na, I'm laughing myself either way. 

Was just genuinely intrigued by the notion anyone would take that post seriously. 

Come on Thursday, can't take any more paralysis by over analysis on this board.

NFL Network's live mock draft Burns didn't go in round 1. Maybe we get him @44 O.o Then it won't be as much of a problem if he busts. I"m still not off the Joe Jackson in round 3/4 train either. Not the singer either. (the 20 and 30 somethings are rushing to google the singer right now!)

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, if Burns really does top out in the  230s, are you that broken up if you have to play him off the ball and then have him as a dedicated rusher on pass downs?

You assume he will excel at playing off the ball. Where is the evidence he is capable of doing that at an NFL level? 

Archived