2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

26 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

My comp is CM3 post steroid accusation plus health.

Agree....right down to the hair. I've honestly not watched a bunch of video on the guy.....so my comments are fairly uninformed. I dont see a power guy though. If we draft him, I hope I'm wrong.  

7 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Like Burns vs. Tillery intrigues me.  Likewise Sweat vs. Tillery (pending medical), Jawaan/Dillard vs. Tillery, Devon vs. Tillery.  But I'm taking Jerry Tillery over the rest of the guys who are plausibly there at 12 (Oliver, Bosa, Quinnen, and Allen are all gone, I'm assuming).

As we get closer to draft day, I am leaning this way as well; especially if the Chris Jones comps are even close.  Assuming the guys you mentioned are gone, I don't really love  any of the OT's at 12, don't want an ILB that early, not a huge Sweat fan, and I liked Burns for awhile but starting to get weary of the slender Leonard Floyd/Vic Beasley type of edge rusher at 12. 

Would be nice if we could trade back a little and still get Tillery, grab the best safety available at either 30 or 44, and then with that other pick hope we could get someone like AJ Brown, Fant, Risner, or an Edge they like.

14 hours ago, packfanfb said:

If it comes down to Tillery/Lawrence/Wilkins, run to the podium and grab Tillery. By far the best fit / upside for production on this defense, especially from a pass-rushing standpoint. 

Yeah. I like all three as well as Simmons and Q Williams more than the edge. All these guys are great. Really think DL is the pick at twelve.

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

here's a good quick read on Lawrence.

If you'd take Vita Vea at 12, you take Lawrence at 12: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-stacking-dexter-lawrence-against-recent-340-pound-nt 

Dexter Lawrence has the same RAS as Ed Oliver, FWIW.

I think he goes higher than many expect. He's easily the best "big" in the draft. And every team needs more bigs. Planet Theory.

Just watched Chris Simms on the DL.It's a good piece, and he has Q Williams as his best DL in ten years. He has Lawrence at number two for DL. If you think Lawrence can play all the spots on DL, you grab him without thinking.

Think Wilkins might be the pick at #12.  Possibly Fant on a trade down.  Looking like Hock will be off the board as well as the top 5 guys.  Oliver, Bosa, Allen, Williams, and White.  Very similar graded players after the top 5.  Unless we can trade up to grab one of those 5 I'd look to go back.  Guess the wonderlicks leaked.  Gary has a shoulder and scored a 9 on his.  He'll drop and want no part of him.  Ideally Tillery, Wilkins, and Lawrence.  I'd really like to nab one of those guys. My ideal 1st round would be to walk away with Wilkins and Fant.  Not sure Gutenheimer can pull that off.  Have to trade back at 12 and up from 30.  Or trade back at 12 grab Fant and up a few spots to grab Tillery.  That would work too.  Anyway those are the guys I have my eye on.  One of the top DL and TE.  Be a nice start.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Can't wait to see it all shake out. I feel like GB is just pumping out tons of smoke this year -- and Gute even said that some of the visits were just smoke. . I suspect Sweat's not on the board for a number of reasons. Really feel like Pettine is salivating over the DL. A couple DL in this draft and this defense is set up for a long time imo. Bring back Clark and have a nice, monster rotation. Anyways, they know both Sweat  and Simmons better than anyone. (I do feel Sweat is a better fit on a 4-3 and could go to Detroit).

Archived