2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Just now, Norm said:

I'm assuming you are against this idea lol

One could surmise that, yes! I'm not as down on MVS as you are apparently. I think we have 3 - 2nd year guys who are going to get a lot better. I also think Allison and Kumerow can play so it's not a position of need. 

I've not looked at the WR position very much and would be fine with a slot guy (a gadget buy so to speak) in round 4. I'd be OK with a TE at 30 if Hock or Fant managed to fall that far. Otherwise, Sternberger in 2 or 3 for me and I'm good. 

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

I mean I absolutely LOVE tight ends. In the last decade I've been on here I'm guessing I've made arguments for like a dozen of them to be worth our/a first pick. I'm pretty sure I've made the argument for a three tight end base package. I've bought the hype or lead the train on SO many tight ends. I really really just don't see it at all with Hock which is so odd because he's arguably the most hyped of any in the last decade and I have absolutely zero idea why after watching a few games. Clearly watching four games worth of YouTube clips isn't a full scout by any means, my judgement is far from perfect, and maybe those are his least impressive games, but I'd expect to see something or anything to make me go "Oh, that's why." and I certainly didn't. 

His biggest strength as a prospect (IMHO) is that he appears to have shown a level of ability to do everything TEs in the NFL do in a pro-style offense at Iowa. So there's little projection with him.

He is an above-average athlete and I think he has above-average ball-skills. I suspect there will be players available at 30 that I'd like more than him, but I wouldn't necessarily HATE the pick at 30 if the cupboards are pretty bare at that point (unlikely, however).

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I know, idiots! Maybe we should get the best kicker in the draft at 30! >:(

If that's what you think people mean when they say "bonus" that's pretty dumb.

Would the traditional Packers with only 1 first round pick take a WR/TE? Probably not. If they grab a stud defensive player or OL at 12 or move down to the mid 20s and now have 2 firsts and 2 seconds, would they now grab a WR at 30? Sure.

That's what bonus means.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Seahawks now have two first rounders fyi

He's a 4-3 DE and KC is going all in for 2019 run. Seems like a steep price to pay for a guy you are going to either give 20 million a year to or have him on a franchise tag this year and might wind up letting him go next year. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If that's what you think people mean when they say "bonus" that's pretty dumb.

Would the traditional Packers with only 1 first round pick take a WR/TE? Probably not. If they grab a stud defensive player or OL at 12 or move down to the mid 20s and now have 2 firsts and 2 seconds, would they now grab a WR at 30? Sure.

That's what bonus means.

CLEARLY not following along. The "BONUS PICK" was in regards to a suggestion we get a RB at 30. Also, you clearly have no sarcasm detector do you?

Just now, Golfman said:

CLEARLY not following along. The "BONUS PICK" was in regards to a suggestion we get a RB at 30. Also, you clearly have no sarcasm detector do you?

I just don't think referring to 30 as a bonus pick is dumb at all. I've called it that all off-season. You can take a risk there you normally couldn't.

Archived