2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

LOL - Owners are so stupid. Try winning you morons.

This story is incredible. Prisco reports that the Cardinals' ownership floated the idea of drafting Murray because they had trouble selling tickets. However, this did not change matters, as the idea of drafting Murray generated a lukewarm response. Thus, the Cardinals are no longer going to draft Murray, according to Prisco. "They're going in a different direction," Prisco said.

If this is true, it actually lines up with a Jerimiah podcast where he said that Murray still visiting other teams had him questioning the Cardinals committment to the pick

This is why trying to level the playing field will never work. Stupid people will still be stupid and eventually the smart ones will win out again. 

CHTV Final Mock

Rd 1 - Hockenson (TE)
Rd 1 - Winovich (EDGE)
Rd 2 - Thornhill (S)
Rd 3 - Long (CB)
Rd 4 - Daley (OT)
Rd 5 - Hill (DL)

The pass rushers flew off the board.  I'm not going to move Montez Sweat down in my rankings, but it appears that half the league has him completely off their board.  I went with the surest thing in this draft in TJ Hockenson at #12.  I followed that up with Winovich at 30 to round out the pass rushing group and my top safety in this class in Juan Thornhill.  David Long is too good a value to pass up at 75, so the trenches are addressed with the two fourth round picks.  Hill is an athletic marvel. 

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

CHTV Final Mock

Rd 1 - Hockenson (TE)
Rd 1 - Winovich (EDGE)
Rd 2 - Thornhill (S)
Rd 3 - Long (CB)
Rd 4 - Daley (OT)
Rd 5 - Hill (DL)

The pass rushers flew off the board.  I'm not going to move Montez Sweat down in my rankings, but it appears that half the league has him completely off their board.  I went with the surest thing in this draft in TJ Hockenson at #12.  I followed that up with Winovich at 30 to round out the pass rushing group and my top safety in this class in Juan Thornhill.  David Long is too good a value to pass up at 75, so the trenches are addressed with the two fourth round picks.  Hill is an athletic marvel. 

Those first three are the exact trio I want to end up with. I'd actually switch Thornhill and Winovich. Thornhill also my FS1.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:38 AM, vegas492 said:

Listened to Sirius XM yesterday afternoon.  Pat Kirwan was talking about DL.  Namely Wilkens/Oliver.  He likes Wilkens as much, if not more, than Oliver.  More scheme diverse.  Kirwan really sung the praises for Wilkens, citing his excellent character and how he would be a great locker room leader after a year or two.  He said he wouldn't be surprised if Wilkens went top 10.

Also said that the DL class is pretty good at the top, but gets thin fast.  So if you want one, take him early because there isn't much there in later rounds.

Just found that interesting, coming from a guy who really, really knows his stuff.

He also likes Sweat Simmons Tillery. Love listening to SiriusXM guys know there stuff 

57 minutes ago, Leader said:

CHTV Final Mock

Rd 1 - Hockenson (TE)
Rd 1 - Winovich (EDGE)
Rd 2 - Thornhill (S)
Rd 3 - Long (CB)
Rd 4 - Daley (OT)
Rd 5 - Hill (DL)

These late season draft rumors are making me ill.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:15 AM, Packerraymond said:

The guy got a green light from actual docs at the Combine, but these scouts know better. Some smart team is going to get a steal.

Right. If the heart condition was that bad they would have held him out. Smoke screen 

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Those first three are the exact trio I want to end up with. I'd actually switch Thornhill and Winovich. Thornhill also my FS1.

Well unfortunately, I made an exhaustive instant analysis of Winovich's game and decided I hoped GB doesnt draft him. Now, modesty dictates I recognize I could be wrong.........  :)

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well unfortunately, I made an exhaustive instant analysis of Winovich's game and decided I hoped GB doesnt draft him. Now, modesty dictates I recognize I could be wrong.........  :)

My comp is CM3 post steroid accusation plus health.

Ok a couple days now. And we still have no clue what we will do. One thing we do know/ hope is are picks make us a better team. We aren’t that far off. With a few good picks we should be on top again. &uck the Bears Queens and lions. We don’t know what will happen til it happens. Let enjoy and have fun. I don’t post a lot. But do enjoy reading your post and knowledge. Thanks for the info. 

Archived