2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

LOL. I do standup comedy on the side, mainly impressions. I've been working on a Goldblum impersonation for awhile... he's so cringey on Conan, but hilarious nonetheless. Like he owns the cringe and finds it amusing.

He and Nic Cage are almost caricatures of themselves now.  I see them in a movie, and they aren't a character, it is just Jeff or Nic's next wacky adventure.  I would say the same for The Rock, Tom Cruise, or Arnold, but they are bigger stars.  Jackie Chan is also like that.   

My left field stab in the dark at what we'll do:

12: OT Andre Dillard - Best pass protector in the draft. Smashes Packers historical OL thresholds at 3Cone and Short Shuttle.

30: RB Darrell Henderson - Gute goes mad and drafts a running back in the first. Uses our 'bonus' pick and gets LeFleur his Todd Gurley to make the outside zone offense click (and ensures the Rams don't get their Gurley replacement with the next pick).

6 minutes ago, British said:

My left field stab in the dark at what we'll do:

12: OT Andre Dillard - Best pass protector in the draft. Smashes Packers historical OL thresholds at 3Cone and Short Shuttle.

30: RB Darrell Henderson - Gute goes mad and drafts a running back in the first. Uses our 'bonus' pick and gets LeFleur his Todd Gurley to make the outside zone offense click (and ensures the Rams don't get their Gurley replacement with the next pick).

If we draft a RB in the first round I want Gute's office cleared out before Friday.

19 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

If we draft a RB in the first round I want Gute's office cleared out before Friday.

Especially in this draft... 

It's not like you'll have a Saquon or Zeke available at 30. 

16 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

What do you expect he's British.  Dillard would be OK at 12 though.  Just OK.  Guess bonus picks can just be thrown away.  I want Wilkins, Lawrence, Tillery, Hockerson, and Fant.  Pluck 2 guys out of there and I'll be a happy camper. Still have hopes for Spriggs.  Don't view OT as pressing.  S, TE, DL are now our biggest needs.

With so much talk about Hock @12 I figured I should check out some "film". Watched vs. WI, vs. PSU, vs. ISU, and vs. Miss St. I have NEVER not seen where the hype is coming from on a prospect so much. He whiffs on blocks or ends up on the ground about 20 times, he holds A LOT (especially when the play is going away from him), doesn't really show exceptional route running or athleticism, makes one impressive catch and shows great balance on one play. I am absolutely flabbergasted THAT guy is THAT hyped. I don't see where he has anything on a mid round guy like Troy Fumagalli other than an extra finger. I'm completely and utterly confused. 

Just now, wgbeethree said:

With so much talk about Hock @12 I figured I should check out some "film". Watched vs. WI, vs. PSU, vs. ISU, and vs. Miss St. I have NEVER not seen where the hype is coming from on a prospect so much. He whiffs on blocks or ends up on the ground about 20 times, he holds A LOT (especially when the play is going away from him), doesn't really show exceptional route running or athleticism, makes one impressive catch and shows great balance on one play. I am absolutely flabbergasted THAT guy is THAT hyped. I don't see where he has anything on a mid round guy like Troy Fumagalli other than an extra finger. I'm completely and utterly confused. 

I would not go THAT far, but I am certainly in agreement that he is not worth a pick at 12. If he is the pick, I hope we are both wrong and he becomes a HOFer. I will be rooting for his success as a Packer and rooting for his failure is he goes to someone else. Same with any prospect lol. One thing I will not do is get bent out of shape over draft picks day of unless we trade up for a punter - that is the only true pick I remember thinking omg we have an idiot running the draft. There is no way you can justify that one even if that player becomes a HOF punter.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If we could get Burns, Sweat or Gary at 30 I'll probably be drunk at that point so the pants are definitely coming off.

You'll get thrown out of the bar for that. Trust me.

I'll make a serious comment for once. I'm becoming more convinced we're taking a wr second. Not sure if it'll still be at 30 but that's my feeling for some damn reason

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

You'll get thrown out of the bar for that. Trust me.

I'll make a serious comment for once. I'm becoming more convinced we're taking a wr second. Not sure if it'll still be at 30 but that's my feeling for some damn reason

Take two aspirin and lay down for a while. Hopefully that feeling will go away. 

11 minutes ago, PackFan4Life said:

I would not go THAT far, but I am certainly in agreement that he is not worth a pick at 12. If he is the pick, I hope we are both wrong and he becomes a HOFer. I will be rooting for his success as a Packer and rooting for his failure is he goes to someone else. Same with any prospect lol. One thing I will not do is get bent out of shape over draft picks day of unless we trade up for a punter - that is the only true pick I remember thinking omg we have an idiot running the draft. There is no way you can justify that one even if that player becomes a HOF punter.

I mean I absolutely LOVE tight ends. In the last decade I've been on here I'm guessing I've made arguments for like a dozen of them to be worth our/a first pick. I'm pretty sure I've made the argument for a three tight end base package. I've bought the hype or lead the train on SO many tight ends. I really really just don't see it at all with Hock which is so odd because he's arguably the most hyped of any in the last decade and I have absolutely zero idea why after watching a few games. Clearly watching four games worth of YouTube clips isn't a full scout by any means, my judgement is far from perfect, and maybe those are his least impressive games, but I'd expect to see something or anything to make me go "Oh, that's why." and I certainly didn't. 

Archived