Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Think the Phins are calling Khan today about the availability of Russ?

I believe he has a no trade clause...would be interested in Khan would deal him and if so what the cost would be. If you can get a 3rd for him, even if it's in 2026 I think you take that in a heartbeat. 

Kahn would have to tell him we are going with Fields the rest of the season for him to waive that no trade clause though. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

He did that same fumble thing twice week 1 in Carolina. 

dang, really? Didn't see that. I did see some clips of him with some questionable body language. I still think the guy could produce in a good offensive system with a decent QB. He's had a really bad run out in terms of QB/playcallers the last few seasons. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Tyreek Hill is the player the Dolphins should be considering trading at the deadline tbh (if Tua calls it quits).

If you put Tyreek Hill, Roman Wilson, and George Pickens on the field at the same time on this team, the floor level QB you win the Super Bowl with is Kirk Cousins. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

dang, really? Didn't see that. I did see some clips of him with some questionable body language. I still think the guy could produce in a good offensive system with a decent QB. He's had a really bad run out in terms of QB/playcallers the last few seasons. 

Yea. Theres two clips, one the ball was literally 3 feet from him, where it’s a fumble and he’s just walking around. There was a third of him just standing there on a run play. It sounds like he sat most the 4th Q as well, but it seems that was more due to the blowout.

It seems as though the rumors of more interested in his stats over other things is true if this continues. Granted a lot of WRs likely feel this way, the difference being the “because you can’t win without it”. 

On 9/9/2024 at 9:21 AM, warfelg said:

Kevin Dotson PFF score last night….yikes.

62.6 overall

56.8 pass blocking

62.9 run blocking

I know it’s one game and they got hit by injuries but yeesh. 

Our OL meanwhile:

Moore - 75.4/88.7/67.0

Anderson - 52.3/55.7/57.7

Frazier - 70.1/83.3/66.0

Daniels - 75.8/74.6/71.8

Jone - 50.8/63.1/50.5

Really gotta question those grades for Daniels. If anything he seemed to be the weak link much of the game. 

6 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Really gotta question those grades for Daniels. If anything he seemed to be the weak link much of the game. 

It’s interesting. If you watch the all-22 on the Grady Jarrett sack, they put the sack on Jones. But rewatch the play - and you’ll see Daniels engaged with Jarrett, and Jones had his head turned to watch for an edge rusher. Frazier was engaged and losing a little ground to the other DT, and Daniels released Jarrett (assuming) seeing Jones not engaged with a rusher. So Daniels engages the DT Frazier had and Jones doesn’t see til it’s too late.

I feel confident in saying in house that Daniels shouldered the blame for that. But I know, because the guy regularly engages on Twitter, that they see that and say that it was a clean pass off, Daniels engaged another guy, Jones didn’t touch him, so it’s on Jones. 

• Like 1