John Keim Reports

RSkinGM

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

We worked out 3 guards, 2 tackles and a center . No one I ever heard of. It was on Bleacher Report. I think Woz was lamenting that we hadn't brought in any O-linemen to check out .. Maybe they read this site ! 9_9

The collective intellect of this forum is certainly smarter than the people sitting in Ashburn, so they would be wise to listen to us.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

GUARDS

• Kofi Amichia - 2017 6.29 (212), selected by Green Bay, listed by drafthistory.com as C out of South Florida, no experience in one year
  • Jamil Douglas - 2015 4.15 (114), selected by Miami, listed by drafthistory.com as G out of Arizona State, 17 games played, 6 starts in three years (fun fact: was taken two picks after Arie Kouandjio)
  • Kaleb Johnson - 2015 UDFA, originally signed by Baltimore, listed by NFL.com as G out of Rutgers, no experience in three years (only on active roster in 2015 for two weeks; rest of career spent on various practice squads)

CENTERS

• Jake Eldrenkamp - 2017 UDFA, originally signed by LA Rams, listed by NFL.com as C out of Washington, no experience out in one year

TACKLES

• Chris Durant - 2018 UDFA, originally signed by LA Chargers, listed by NFL.com as T out of William & Mary (alert @e16bball alert alert), rookie
  • Justin Evans - 2018 UDFA, originally signed by Baltimore, listed by DraftScout.com as T out of South Carolina State, rookie 

So, it's all well and good to get new blood on the practice squad, but given the state of the first team, this is a very weak band aid.

33 minutes ago, Woz said:

GUARDS

• Kofi Amichia - 2017 6.29 (212), selected by Green Bay, listed by drafthistory.com as C out of South Florida, no experience in one year
  • Jamil Douglas - 2015 4.15 (114), selected by Miami, listed by drafthistory.com as G out of Arizona State, 17 games played, 6 starts in three years (fun fact: was taken two picks after Arie Kouandjio)
  • Kaleb Johnson - 2015 UDFA, originally signed by Baltimore, listed by NFL.com as G out of Rutgers, no experience in three years (only on active roster in 2015 for two weeks; rest of career spent on various practice squads)

CENTERS

• Jake Eldrenkamp - 2017 UDFA, originally signed by LA Rams, listed by NFL.com as C out of Washington, no experience out in one year

TACKLES

• Chris Durant - 2018 UDFA, originally signed by LA Chargers, listed by NFL.com as T out of William & Mary (alert @e16bball alert alert), rookie
  • Justin Evans - 2018 UDFA, originally signed by Baltimore, listed by DraftScout.com as T out of South Carolina State, rookie 

So, it's all well and good to get new blood on the practice squad, but given the state of the first team, this is a very weak band aid.

I wouldn’t even consider this a band aid, if the goal is to just add someone to develop on the practice squad then it’s not like adding a vet band aid for a few weeks until Lauvao is healthy.

I’m still disappointed we didn’t keep Kyle Kalis over Dunn and put Dunn on the practice squad. Now Kalis is on the Browns practice squad, I don’t know why we just don’t sign him to back up Roullier/Scherff next game.

W&M stunk last season, so it's not a great sign that we nabbed a guy coming out after that dud of a year. However, that's somewhat good news  in a sense -- Durant missed 6 games, so maybe the reason they stunk was because of the injury to the Lachey of southeast VA. This was a promising take on him though, from a Chargers blogger who evaluated him after they picked him up as a UDFA. They really liked him as an OT, which hopefully means good things about his ability to emerge as a potential OG option for us. I feel much the same way about Timon Parris, who really impressed me in preseason game 4.

Somebody was interested in Eldrenkamp in the training camp cuts thread. I'm gonna try to figure out who that was, maybe they have some insight (although it sounds like he didn't get the call after his tryout).

EDIT: It was @Momaster that liked Eldrenkamp when the Rams let him go.

4 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

The idea of reshuffling the OL just because one guy gets hurt (who always gets hurt) really boggles my mind.

What are you talking about? What could possibly go wrong from having a different snapper and playing another guy out of position? It's jeenious!

14 minutes ago, Woz said:

What are you talking about? What could possibly go wrong from having a different snapper and playing another guy out of position? It's jeenious!

Roullier is not out of position at LG and Bergstrom is a vet, my not overly concerned about it but I do think Nsekhe at LG and Roullier remaining at C season a better option.

Archived