Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

10 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Just to update - Frank Gore is exactly 100 yards from passing Barry Sanders on the career rushing list for 3rd all-time (behind Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton).

Gore also just became the 5th ever player to top 19,000 yards from scrimmage. He is 141 yards from scrimmage from passing Marshall Faulk for 4th all-time (behind Jerry Rice, Smith, and Payton).

Momma there goes that man!

So happy for him.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really hope we just take one of those offers for CJ if they really exist. It's asinine not to. 

Sort of a boring deadline. I was hoping to wake up to a couple of completed trades already. 

I think Shanny is asking for a 3rd-4th but hoping to get a 5th eventually and he will take that.

Yep, makes no sense in keeping him when Mullens will be here for two more years anyways and he is our back up going forward. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Shanny is asking for a 3rd-4th but hoping to get a 5th eventually and he will take that.

Yep, makes no sense in keeping him when Mullens will be here for two more years anyways and he is our back up going forward. 

The reports were that the offers were in the 6th round range. I have no problems with that either. Hell, I don't have a problem with that if you just use the selection to take a new quarterback. Take the 6th, draft someone like a Jake Bentley in the sixth round. Basically resets our backup quarterback rookie contract situation (and lowers it, tbh). We have Mullens for two more years locked up, so whomever we draft can sit on the PS or be a third rostered quarterback. See what Shanny can coax out of him for two years, and maybe by years 3/4 he can be a satisfactory back up quarterback. And if not, well, what's it matter, because it's not like CJ was lol.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

The reports were that the offers were in the 6th round range. I have no problems with that either. Hell, I don't have a problem with that if you just use the selection to take a new quarterback. Take the 6th, draft someone like a Jake Bentley in the sixth round. Basically resets our backup quarterback rookie contract situation (and lowers it, tbh). We have Mullens for two more years locked up, so whomever we draft can sit on the PS or be a third rostered quarterback. See what Shanny can coax out of him for two years, and maybe by years 3/4 he can be a satisfactory back up quarterback. And if not, well, what's it matter, because it's not like CJ was lol.

What is his contract situation? Still under contract next season?

I just feel like it is totally unnecessary to keep three QBs on the roster, especially when one really isn't NFL caliber. Cut ties and move on!