Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What is his contract situation? Still under contract next season?

I just feel like it is totally unnecessary to keep three QBs on the roster, especially when one really isn't NFL caliber. Cut ties and move on! 

One more year left. One of the reasons I think you just move him for whatever. Re-signing him can't be seen as a real option when Mullens is locked up two more

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really hope we just take one of those offers for CJ if they really exist. It's asinine not to. 

Sort of a boring deadline. I was hoping to wake up to a couple of completed trades already

I disagree with this. I feel like there were more trades this year than their traditionally are.

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

The reports were that the offers were in the 6th round range. I have no problems with that either. Hell, I don't have a problem with that if you just use the selection to take a new quarterback. Take the 6th, draft someone like a Jake Bentley in the sixth round. Basically resets our backup quarterback rookie contract situation (and lowers it, tbh). We have Mullens for two more years locked up, so whomever we draft can sit on the PS or be a third rostered quarterback. See what Shanny can coax out of him for two years, and maybe by years 3/4 he can be a satisfactory back up quarterback. And if not, well, what's it matter, because it's not like CJ was lol.

For me you should draft a QB every 2 years or so. Not always with a high pick but grabbing a developmental guy on day three and see if he can be anything more than a back-up. If your first QB goes down you probably will have a problem no matter what so why waste a lot of money on a back-up QB when you can roll with younger cheaper guys. And if they turn out better than expected trade him away for a higher pick and repeat the process.

• Like 1

Bengals are benching Andy Dalton. 

Like, if you're going to do that, they should just trade him. He could actually be an improvement for some teams hoping to compete, and at the very worst he's an absolute top notch back up for a contending team. 

Oh, and he gets this news on his birthday LOL

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Bengals are benching Andy Dalton. 

Like, if you're going to do that, they should just trade him. He could actually be an improvement for some teams hoping to compete, and at the very worst he's an absolute top notch back up for a contending team. 

Oh, and he gets this news on his birthday LOL

It's actually the best birthday gift he can get with the piece of crap OL he is working with lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Waaaaaaaa? 

And I mean that in regards to him being available. Not giving up the picks lol

Makes no sense really. Like he's the perfect guy you want, even for a young rebuilding team. He's a great leader by all means and is a fantastic player. Arguably the best or second best safety last season.

Come on Lynch, work your magic one more time!!!!1

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Dallas is in HOT pursuit for Adams

Talib and a fifth round pick to Miami for a future pick.

I have to imagine that the Rams gave up like a future 2 or 3 or something. That's a pure cap dump. 

• Like 1