Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Am I the only a bit afraid to face the Cowboys in the playoffs? I know this is me looking ahead, but I feel like they have the OL when healthy to hold up to our pass rush and they have the type of offense that could make it rough on us. Let's be honest, our run defense has be had and luckily we have been playing with big leads for majority of the season so it hasn't mattered, but TB, Cleveland, LAR and CAR all had a good amount of success on the ground. I have very little confidence that we can stop Zeke. And Dak has been money with the deep ball all season long so that will open up the PA game to go along with that OL, it can be trouble in the back end for us. 

Just to update - Frank Gore is exactly 100 yards from passing Barry Sanders on the career rushing list for 3rd all-time (behind Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton).

Gore also just became the 5th ever player to top 19,000 yards from scrimmage. He is 141 yards from scrimmage from passing Marshall Faulk for 4th all-time (behind Jerry Rice, Smith, and Payton).

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Am I the only a bit afraid to face the Cowboys in the playoffs?

My biggest, honest concerns revolve around 1) our injury possibilities, and 2) officiating agendas.

If those two aspects are fair enough.. it will be ring #6 time. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Am I the only a bit afraid to face the Cowboys in the playoffs? I know this is me looking ahead, but I feel like they have the OL when healthy to hold up to our pass rush and they have the type of offense that could make it rough on us. Let's be honest, our run defense has be had and luckily we have been playing with big leads for majority of the season so it hasn't mattered, but TB, Cleveland, LAR and CAR all had a good amount of success on the ground. I have very little confidence that we can stop Zeke. And Dak has been money with the deep ball all season long so that will open up the PA game to go along with that OL, it can be trouble in the back end for us. 

The Jets beat the Cowboys. Jason Garrett vs Kyle Shanahan? I'm not concerned. 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

The Jets beat the Cowboys. Jason Garrett vs Kyle Shanahan? I'm not concerned. 

The Cowboys also smacked the Eagles the following week. I'm projecting to the playoffs if/when they get healthy with their OL. Remember, like us, they had two back up tackles against the Jets. Full strength I believe we are better of course, but the Cowboys certainly present a tough styles match up for us with their run game.  No getting around that. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Cowboys also smacked the Eagles the following week. I'm projecting to the playoffs if/when they get healthy with their OL. Remember, like us, they had two back up tackles against the Jets. Full strength I believe we are better of course, but the Cowboys certainly present a tough styles match up for us with their run game.  No getting around that. 

Well, the Eagles aren't looking so great this year. :) 

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Booooooo...=(

I preferred Sanders over Green anyway. I know alot of ppl wanted Green. He's talented but I've always question if he has that 'dog' in him. Sanders has it. That 'no fear' whatever it takes type of mentality. Green's toughness has been questioned numerous times throughout his career. I think we got the right guy for our team and our scheme.