Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

You're good as in don't want to trade for him or that is fair compensation for him?

Though can we pay Ramsey/Buckner/Kittle in the next two offseasons? 

Don't want to trade for him, certainly not at that cost. I get the appeal, just not for me. Price comes down, I'd think about it. 

One of the reasons is what you mentioned- money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aussie9er said:

I would do that I am thinking we make playoffs so we won’t be able to get anyone as good with our picks

We're also at that stage where we should be in win now mode. No more rebuilding, time to go for it from this point on. Need as much elite talent as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't want to trade for him, certainly not at that cost. I get the appeal, just not for me. Price comes down, I'd think about it. 

One of the reasons is what you mentioned- money. 

I'm taking a shot at Ramsey who is a top two corner in a position of need. Like he is pretty much the perfect corner that could cover ANY type of WR. 

Our 1st rounder this year could be in the 20s, I'd pull the trigger. Though I have no idea how Marathe makes this all work. I'm sure he could figure out a way to do it. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We're also at that stage where we should be in win now mode. No more rebuilding, time to go for it from this point on. Need as much elite talent as well. 

I totally agree plus giving up 2 picks for one of the best corner who is still young is a no brainer for me

as for having to pay kittle/bucks/Ramsey for those type of players you find money 

All I really want is O line at this point. And I don’t really ever want guys with Ramsey’s issues. As a rookie he was making demands and hasn’t shut up since. The Jags defense went backwards last year. Lots of reasons, but I just don’t think some of the egos, like Ramsey, are a help for a team mentality. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, straighthate said:

All I really want is O line at this point. And I don’t really ever want guys with Ramsey’s issues. As a rookie he was making demands and hasn’t shut up since. The Jags defense went backwards last year. Lots of reasons, but I just don’t think some of the egos, like Ramsey, are a help for a team mentality. 

We talk about it in the podcast we did tonight. That was one of the things I mentioned. Ramsey doesn't have crazy off the field issues it anything, he's just a diva. But I'm not sure I even want that. I love the way our defense fits together and the chemistry they have

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

We talk about it in the podcast we did tonight. That was one of the things I mentioned. Ramsey doesn't have crazy if the field issues it anything, he's just a diva. But I'm not sure I even want that. I love the way our defense fits together and the chemistry they have

Please post your assessment of our cap situation when you can. I thought you said we have 25m next year which is strictly from our roll over this year, correct? Obvious cut of McKinnon can save space 

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

Please post your assessment of our cap situation when you can. I thought you said we have 25m next year which is strictly from our roll over this year, correct? Obvious cut of McKinnon can save space 

We have about five now for next year, plus roll over (20-21m). So roughly like 25-28 for next year (will vary depending on bonuses). Blair, Armstead, day, Ward are ufas. Garland and Coleman in the lower end ufa. Breida is an rfa, could get an okay deal. Several erfas (Mullens included, Wilson as well) but they are pretty much cheap. Breida could get a nice deal.

Buck is on an option, and I'm assuming unlikely to play on it, so I'm assuming he'll get a new deal. I think that will be like 18-19 apy. Structure will determine the impact for next year. Kittle is eligible to sign an extension after this season as well, though that won't hit until the following year. Same for spoon

29 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

The moment things go south, Jalen will want out. As awesome as a talent he is playing a premium position, he's not worth the headache in addition to draft capital. Fitzpatrick would have been awesome though. 

Thing is, I just don't think we are close enough to push all in with something like that yet

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

We have about five now for next year, plus roll over (20-21m). So roughly like 25-28 for next year (will vary depending on bonuses). Blair, Armstead, day, Ward are ufas. Garland and Coleman in the lower end ufa. Breida is an rfa, could get an okay deal. Several erfas (Mullens included, Wilson as well) but they are pretty much cheap. Breida could get a nice deal.

Buck is on an option, and I'm assuming unlikely to play on it, so I'm assuming he'll get a new deal. I think that will be like 18-19 apy. Structure will determine the impact for next year. Kittle is eligible to sign an extension after this season as well, though that won't hit until the following year. Same for spoon

we cannot afford Ramsey. Might as well trade buck for him straight up if we are going to add him. Save ourselves the FRP. So ummm yeah, no thanks. 

I liked this short article about the Raiders potentially making a push to get Ramsey. Despite the recent drama with Antonio Brown, I think it makes sense. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/why-raiders-should-trade-jalen-ramsey-who-wants-play-las-vegas

Oakland will be in Vegas next year, and apparently Jalen would like to play there. Also, with Mahomes in the division they need to have someone on the backside to be able to at minimum slow him down. I could see Gruden coveting Ramsey like his next Charles Woodson. Also, this would be such a huge morale boost after everything that has transpired in recent weeks.