Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Oh I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that Russell is so good that the entire "luck" factor of things going the Seahawks way sometimes is more so just him having some nutty ability to make plays at any time. Dude always seems to have at least one slug left in the chamber. Annoying. 

Oh ok, yeah I agree with that. The Seahawks are one of the luckiest teams in the NFL right now. They’re barely hanging on to having a winning record so far this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Oh ok, yeah I agree with that. The Seahawks are one of the luckiest teams in the NFL right now. They’re barely hanging on to having a winning record so far this year.

They are winning games by a thread, so it will be interesting to see how much longer Wilson can sustain his success with their second half schedule getting more difficult. 

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

They are winning games by a thread, so it will be interesting to see how much longer Wilson can sustain his success with their second half schedule getting more difficult. 

Yeah. The moment he stops playing QB on god level is when the Seahawks come crashing down. 

One thing that stood out to me last night was the lack of speed/athleticism from the Pats front 7. Their secondary is GREAT, but man they looked bad in big spots of the game. Like just looked so slow. At least with Alexander, that certainly wasn't an issue with our team. I mean even with Greenlaw it shouldn't be an issue, but we had the athleticism to match up with pretty much any back and QB.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

One thing that stood out to me last night was the lack of speed/athleticism from the Pats front 7. Their secondary is GREAT, but man they looked bad in big spots of the game. Like just looked so slow. At least with Alexander, that certainly wasn't an issue with our team. I mean even with Greenlaw it shouldn't be an issue, but we had the athleticism to match up with pretty much any back and QB.

The one big thing the 49ers have going for them is that they're a zone-heavy defense, which means less running lanes for Lamar Jackson because more defenders are facing him. The 49ers' consistent pressure and penetration is going to cause Jackson to tuck it run all day. He may have 10 pass attempts and 40 rushing attempts.

Bill Barnwell did his mid year all pro team. The 49ers had two selections on offense. Can you guess them? One should be fairly obvious, as he is the best Tight End in the game, George Kittle. The second? Weston Richburg. He has two 49ers defenders on his all pro team, Buck and Sherm. The latter I kind of understand. The Buck thing is kind of funny because I don't think he has been "great" at all this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Bill Barnwell did his mid year all pro team. The 49ers had two selections on offense. Can you guess them? One should be fairly obvious, as he is the best Tight End in the game, George Kittle. The second? Weston Richburg. He has two 49ers defenders on his all pro team, Buck and Sherm. The latter I kind of understand. The Buck thing is kind of funny because I don't think he has been "great" at all this year. 

That's the thing with Buck. When he was legitimately All Pro level, the man doesn't even make the pro bowl team. And now when he is just really good but not great? He's on All Pro lists lol. Armstead deserves it far more than him this season.

Sherman has been lights out, no issue there.

Bosa should be in conversation for at least 2nd team all pro, but he has stiff competition.

Sucks Witherspoon got hurt because I suspect he would be in the All Pro debates as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Richburg over Rodney Hudson? I know Hudson missed the last game with an injury, but hasn't he been a stud all year long?